help streaming from kodi to Samsung TV
hello, i have a raspberry pi 4.  i'd like to use it to stream a slideshow screensaver to my samsung smart tv.  i've got the slideshow settings set up, i'm connected to the same wifi network as my tv, but i'm unsure of my next step.

if there's a guide that can explain how this works i'd be very appreciative if you could point me in the right direction. 

thanks in advance.
Why not simply connect your RPi via a HDMI cable to your TV, and run the slideshow on your RPi?
(2021-03-24, 22:26)Klojum Wrote: Why not simply connect your RPi via a HDMI cable to your TV, and run the slideshow on your RPi?

i'm sure that would work, but the Pi is in another part of my house and id' rather not move it around all the time.  my goal is to have kodi stream a slideshow so my tv when i'm not using it for RetroPi stuff, which is set up elsewhere and would be a pain to move around.
"Streaming" is a generic buzz-word that will not automagically connect your RPi and a TV, and spit out everything you throw at it.
Which program on your TV is supposed to receive and process that slide show? Because right now all it will do is go... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kodi does not have/support Chromecast or other similar techniques. It is itself a client application, not a server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help streaming from kodi to Samsung TV0