Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro
I am having the same issue. At first I thought it was a bad disc rip with MakeMKV but the subsequent rip showed the exact same problem when playing an Atmos track. Even replacing the disc did nothing as the drop outs happen at the exact same time stamp. It's annoying. I even gave MrMC a try and it has the exact same issue. This is disappointing as I love my Shield Pro. It's always played everything I've thrown at it perfectly.
I have noticed subwoofer channel audio dropouts specifically with matrix. Still don't know how to fix the issue.
any solution? it is very annoying or those audio cuts, there must be some configuration that fixes it, please
I haven't been able to find any combination of settings.  It only happens when I watch videos with more than 2 audio channels.  Stereo sound is fine.
Signed up to the forum just so I could follow this thread.

Just watched the lossless rip of a UHD I bought, and had many audio dropouts throughout.  Video was fine.  Interestingly, the most dropouts occurred during the final credits, where the audio has a lot of LFE (subwoofer) activity.

Same setup as others are describing here.  Lossless MKV with Atmos track, streamed from a NAS via SMB.  Kodi is set to audio passthrough, and running on a Shield Pro.

Absolutely maddening when it happens.
reinstall kodi, and reset the shield, and change, the usb audio mode of the shield in stereo I think it is, and in kodi Try going to settings/audio/audio output device/ Change it from (IEC) to (RAW)
it seems that it is working well, someone else can try?
Looks like it's a known issue, and in particular seems worse on Disney titles (I was seeing it with Raya and The Last Dragon):
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327153
Running Kodi on a Shield Pro with a Denon AVR 2600x
Same problem directly on Receiver and Shield on TV with eArc enabled.

After updating from v18.9 to v19 Matrix, because ive got a new TV and wanted to try to get Dolby Vision running, I have exaclty the same problem.
Atmos sound stuttering in MKV movies that worked flawless before.

I tried around with the settings and couldnt get it to work.

Reverted back to v18.9.
Works fine without problems.

Would really be great to get Matrix running if possible.
I'm watching the original Blade Runner in TrueHd 7.1. I'm 55 mins in and have had 3 stutters.

Looking at this thread it seems like this is not going to be addressed or even acknowledged by anyone with the time or power to do so, so tomorrow I'll drop back to 18.9 - which is fine, for me it's the same experience but the only drawback is the Shield not being able to update anything else.

The only other player that may be fine would likely be the Vero 4k+
(2021-08-13, 23:38)Rock_Danger Wrote: Looking at this thread it seems like this is not going to be addressed or even acknowledged by anyone with the time or power to do so

Thats what I dont understand.
Theres even a report in the bugtracker with this problem and Sony TVs (same OS).
The more I check these forums the more it looks like a substantial problem with the Android TV OS?
(2021-08-13, 23:38)Rock_Danger Wrote: I'm watching the original Blade Runner in TrueHd 7.1. I'm 55 mins in and have had 3 stutters.

Looking at this thread it seems like this is not going to be addressed or even acknowledged by anyone with the time or power to do so, so tomorrow I'll drop back to 18.9 - which is fine, for me it's the same experience but the only drawback is the Shield not being able to update anything else.

If you install the F-Droid version of Kodi 18.9 then you won't lose the facility for the Shield to continue auto-updating all your other installed apps.
You can read more about this version here:
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.xbmc.kodi/

--
JB
(2021-08-15, 10:13)Floha Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 23:38)Rock_Danger Wrote: Looking at this thread it seems like this is not going to be addressed or even acknowledged by anyone with the time or power to do so

Thats what I dont understand.
Theres even a report in the bugtracker with this problem and Sony TVs (same OS).
The more I check these forums the more it looks like a substantial problem with the Android TV OS?

It's an issue with Kodi that has been acknowledged by them with no ETA of a fix (might make it into the next major release, might not). Kodi is not properly handling larger audio packets. The issue was resolved with Android's packer a while back. From my experience, any track based on DD+ with enough bitrate will cause dropouts. Most people seem to only have issues with Atmos/TrueHD. I have a good 500-600 files in 1080p/4k that have dropouts. Those with higher bitrates have 50+ dropouts in a 2 hour movie.
(2021-08-18, 15:13)Deadreckon Wrote: It's an issue with Kodi that has been acknowledged by them with no ETA of a fix (might make it into the next major release, might not). Kodi is not properly handling larger audio packets. The issue was resolved with Android's packer a while back. From my experience, any track based on DD+ with enough bitrate will cause dropouts. Most people seem to only have issues with Atmos/TrueHD. I have a good 500-600 files in 1080p/4k that have dropouts. Those with higher bitrates have 50+ dropouts in a 2 hour movie.

Great news.  I can stop messing with my system now thinking its something with my setup.

I seem to be one of the few reporting this on a windows sytem.
(2021-08-15, 23:04)JBA6 Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 23:38)Rock_Danger Wrote: I'm watching the original Blade Runner in TrueHd 7.1. I'm 55 mins in and have had 3 stutters.

If you install the F-Droid version of Kodi 18.9 then you won't lose the facility for the Shield to continue auto-updating all your other installed apps.
You can read more about this version here:
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.xbmc.kodi/

--
JB

Nice, I'll give it a go. I put my movie library on PLEX server and it hasn't had any issues at all. So I'm not sure if I would describe it as an Android problem per se.

I know the other problem with audio dropouts on some Disney / Pixar movies isn't a problem on PLEX anymore either.

Weird it's being going on for such a long time on very popular player with no fix. Pausing and restarting the movie will reduce the amount of hiccups when they start.
Hy guys, i just got my Nvidia Shield Pro with the purpose of watching my Movie library in Dolby True-HD. Unfortunately I have the exact same problem with Kodi on my Shield. I get constant audio drop outs for about 1 sec at the exact same time stamp every time.

What is funny is that, if I play the Movie on MX Player or just plain Android Video player, there are no audio drop outs😂 and i just don’t understand how Kodi, one of the best Video players has this problem

I tried every setting possible but had no luck fixing it. I snatched a debug log of 2 of the drop outs that occur in a interval of 1 minute, would be really grateful if someone could take a look and see if they can find what causes the problem.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ipokesebuy

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro0