Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro
No news on this?
Still having serious droup out problems with some Dolby TrueHD Atmos files in my setup, which consists basically of a Shield TV with latest A11 and the latest hotfix from Nvidia, running Kodi Matrix 19.3.
The issue was fixed thanks to @jogal (see the thread here).
The latest Shield Experience 9.0 (Android 11) reverts back the situation and we have again Atmos uncompressed audio drop with Kodi IEC passthrough.
Thanks @supertoto1977 for the heads up and for pointing me to the correct thread. Smile
(2022-02-07, 07:41)supertoto1977 Wrote: The latest Shield Experience 9.0 (Android 11) reverts back the situation and we have again Atmos uncompressed audio drop with Kodi IEC passthrough.

Not with hotfix #3 applied (AFAIK)

i.e:
(2022-01-23, 17:06)Cinephile Wrote: I experienced significant audio dropouts after upgrading to 9.0.0 (TrueHD/Atmos only - same build). This no longer occurs on hotfix #2. So I'm hoping Nvidia can fix all of this.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3082718
For other issues as storage permissions related is need re-install Kodi after apply Shield hotfixes (re-install same version is sufficient):

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3084623
(2022-02-07, 12:01)jogal Wrote:
(2022-02-07, 07:41)supertoto1977 Wrote: The latest Shield Experience 9.0 (Android 11) reverts back the situation and we have again Atmos uncompressed audio drop with Kodi IEC passthrough.

Not with hotfix #3 applied (AFAIK)

i.e:
(2022-01-23, 17:06)Cinephile Wrote: I experienced significant audio dropouts after upgrading to 9.0.0 (TrueHD/Atmos only - same build). This no longer occurs on hotfix #2. So I'm hoping Nvidia can fix all of this.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3082718

Thanks, but I am a little bit lost now due to this bunch of information.

I have already Nvidia's hotfix #3 installed, but still drop outs when playing some Atmos tracks.
Do I have to wait for Kodi 19.4 or shall I sideload some Kodi beta build in order to support you debugging this or just remain calm and patient and wait for the next hotfix for shield?
@UlfSchmidt :

On Shield audio settings disable "audio matching" and "dolby processing".

Seems these options try to re-process audio and interferes with normal passthrough (untouched audio).

And on Kodi audio settings make sure is selected "AudioTrack IEC" audio passthrough device (not RAW).
Wink 
(2022-02-08, 12:08)jogal Wrote: @UlfSchmidt :

Seems these options try to re-process audio and interferes with normal passthrough (untouched audio).

And on Kodi audio settings make sure is selected "AudioTrack IEC" audio passthrough device (not RAW).
Just gave it a try. Thank you so much @jogal ! I had in fact for some reason this fancy "dolby processing" turned on. Now, set to off, no more drop outs when listening to Dolby Atmos. Smile
(2022-02-08, 20:15)UlfSchmidt Wrote:
(2022-02-08, 12:08)jogal Wrote: @UlfSchmidt :

Just gave it a try. Thank you so much @jogal ! I had in fact for some reason this fancy "dolby processing" turned on. Now, set to off, no more drop outs when listening to Dolby Atmos. Smile
After a few days usage I can tell that unfortunately there are still some rare droup-outs when listening to Dolby Atmos tracks, although much less than before.
I'm using a Shield TV 2017 model, Kodi Matrix was working flawlessly when playing high-res movie files. Kodi has been automatically been upgraded to v20 but now I'm getting random audio dropouts (1 sec) when playing movies. I notice the fact that this has been associated with Dolby Atmos by other members which may be valid as most of my content is Dolby True HD and Atmos. Tried just one DTS HD Master file for like 15 to 20 minutes but did not notice any dropouts.

Any Kodi v20 and Shield TV 2017 users that are experiencing the same issue?

Any 100% solution so far?
There are solutions that work for some with 100% but for others, especially those with microstutter issues since 2019, one day it works the other not :-)

What I can say for sure:
v20 has some bugs that slipped in, which are a problem for audio / video sync. The issues are being worked on and some were fixed in the nightlies others are pending on github. It's definitely worth to check out the nightly to give feed for the direction of the fixes, e.g. working for you or not. Most helpful would always be a Debug Log. If you see the issue on screen, just press a certain button, then one can see what happens:

My current latest work is here: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...64-v8a.apk - I don't own a Shield, therefore I only fix stuff that I understand from code point of view and test whatever is possible on my Firetv 4K MAX stick.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch, what do you suggest that I do?

Is there a version that seems to work now that I can download and install?
(2023-01-22, 21:30)Sam Ash Wrote: Thanks Fritsch, what do you suggest that I do?

Is there a version that seems to work now that I can download and install?

In the post above yours fritsch just linked to an apk that has the latest fixes for the issue included but it will overwrite your current install so make a backup first.
Thank you @SoulReaver, have you or anyone with a Shield TV tried it?

It would be nice to get some feedback from a Shield user as to whether it is working effectively. A member by the name of @Draconix mentions that a version called Kodifoo works properly although it is not a permanent fix due to a long term sync anomaly. However it works.

I'm a KODI end-user and not a developer.

I only use KODI to play back the files that sit on a hard drive and that's it - no add-ons or skins etc.
(2023-01-23, 00:03)Sam Ash Wrote: Thank you @SoulReaver, have you or anyone with a Shield TV tried it?

It would be nice to get some feedback from a Shield user as to whether it is working effectively. A member by the name of @Draconix mentions that a version called Kodifoo works properly although it is not a permanent fix due to a long term sync anomaly. However it works.

I'm a KODI end-user and not a developer.

I only use KODI to play back the files that sit on a hard drive and that's it - no add-ons or skins etc.

I did have a similar positive experience when testing KodiFoo, so feel free to try it out and because of the different package name you can safely test it without overwriting your stable version if that is what you are currently running. I left you instructions in the TrueHD thread you also posted in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro0