Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro
(2023-01-23, 00:03)Sam Ash Wrote: It would be nice to get some feedback from a Shield user as to whether it is working effectively. A member by the name of @Draconix mentions that a version called Kodifoo works properly although it is not a permanent fix due to a long term sync anomaly. However it works.

According to @fritsch the Kodifoo build has an A/V sync issue but I personally haven't seen that at all in the several movies that I watched. Kodifoo plays everything 100% perfectly for me on my 2019 Shield, using Audiotrack IEC passthrough and all the recommended settings.

It's completely safe to install Kodifoo since it uses a different settings folder, and I highly recommend that build if you're still experiencing issues with the nightly builds (as I am).
Please could someone post instructions how to install the latest Kodifoo build on Shield TV Pro 2019?

I'm currently running a recent Kodi nightly. Audio dropout issue seems fixed with IEC passthrough, only Atmos tracks are out of synch by 200-300 ms.
RAW really isn't an option with the inability to pause / skip.

Thanks ever so much!
(2023-02-04, 13:04)Ben L0nd0n Wrote: Please could someone post instructions how to install the latest Kodifoo build on Shield TV Pro 2019?

I'm currently running a recent Kodi nightly. Audio dropout issue seems fixed with IEC passthrough, only Atmos tracks are out of synch by 200-300 ms.
RAW really isn't an option with the inability to pause / skip.

Thanks ever so much!

I recommend waiting for the next nightly master build where the latest fixes are included.

If you wish to stay on Nexus the fixes should be included in a future nightly and in Nexus 20.1 stable.
Last night I watched an older movie with Atmos track and didn't have a single audio dropout using kodi-20230202-64f9286f-master-arm64-v8a.apk.
I only set the audio synch to 250ms ahead.
Will try the new nightly from 05.02., although I'm not sure how to edit advancedsettings.xml or whether maxpassthroughoffsyncduration is already set to 90 by default.
Many thanks for your work!
(2023-02-05, 11:08)Ben L0nd0n Wrote: Will try the new nightly from 05.02., although I'm not sure how to edit advancedsettings.xml or whether maxpassthroughoffsyncduration is already set to 90 by default.

It is set to 10 by default. You have to create the advancedsettings.xml file yourself in your Kodi userdata folder and copy/paste in this code:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <audio><maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>90</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>

and then save the file and start up Kodi again.

You can test different values to find out what works best for you.
(2023-02-05, 12:10)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-02-05, 11:08)Ben L0nd0n Wrote: Will try the new nightly from 05.02., although I'm not sure how to edit advancedsettings.xml or whether maxpassthroughoffsyncduration is already set to 90 by default.

It is set to 10 by default. You have to create the advancedsettings.xml file yourself in your Kodi userdata folder and copy/paste in this code:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Thank you, I managed to do all that. Shortly after updating to latest nightly the synch was fine, now after messing around with some add-ons I'm back at the same audio delay as before.
(2023-02-05, 15:29)Ben L0nd0n Wrote:
(2023-02-05, 12:10)SoulReaver Wrote:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Thank you, I managed to do all that. Shortly after updating to latest nightly the synch was fine, now after messing around with some add-ons I'm back at the same audio delay as before.

Then please find out, which addon is causing your delays ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-05, 15:31)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-02-05, 15:29)Ben L0nd0n Wrote:
(2023-02-05, 12:10)SoulReaver Wrote: It is set to 10 by default. You have to create the advancedsettings.xml file yourself in your Kodi userdata folder and copy/paste in this code:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Then please find out, which addon is causing your delays ...
I did a fresh re-install of the recent nightly (org.xbmc.kodi folder deleted) and followed all the instructions from this post.
Sadly I still need to set the audio offset to Ahead by: 0.300s for Atmos tracks.
The only thing I haven't tried is a full Shield factory reset.
If it somehow sorts itself out again I will let you know.
Better check the chain behind kodi. AVR + TV. Especially in 24p mode, when a frame needs 150 ms certain TVs do their own shit on top, introduce 3 frames delay. If you don't see the issue with 60 hz, it's most likely something like that ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-05, 17:16)fritsch Wrote: Better check the chain behind kodi. AVR + TV. Especially in 24p mode, when a frame needs 150 ms certain TVs do their own shit on top, introduce 3 frames delay. If you don't see the issue with 60 hz, it's most likely something like that ...

The Chain is Shield TV Pro 2019 > Denon AVR-X2800H (lip sync setting makes no difference, no upscaling or anything) > LG OLED C1 65 
It is only out of synch with TrueHD tracks; DTS-HD, DTS, DD+, AC3 are all in sync.
I can also confirm that playback of the same source at 60 Hz makes no difference.
TrueHD is a beast ... working on that ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Audio Dropouts on Shield Pro0