Solved KODI 19 crashes when I start playing a video
Hello everyone.

I've been using kodi for years and it was fine until version 18.9.

Since I've upgraded to version 19.0, I can't play videos anymore. It always crashes, I dont get to see a single frame, I get the windows message saying that kodi has crashed, and I'm back on the desktop. No problem with music.

The PC is on windows 10, updated. Videos are on local drives.
I've tried 19beta1, Beta2, RC, with the same result.

When I go back to 18.9, videos are playing again.

Here is the link to the log : https://paste.kodi.tv/wowojowafu.kodi

Thank you for reading. Let me know if you need more informations or if you think of a possible cause / solution.
Likely some of the add-ons and repositories that violate Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) are at the root of this, clean up the installation and try again.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-21, 08:57)DarrenHill Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hello again,

Thank you for your answers. I'll delete it all and try a clean install of version 19, and report back.
Hello. 

Im' just back here to report that a clean install after a complete wipe has solved the problem, videos are played again.

Thank you for your help.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 19 crashes when I start playing a video0