Solved No pause, stop, rewind, fast forward buttons
I am using kodi 19.1 with a kdlinks a400.

When I hit the ok button while watching a video, it just pauses the video instead of bringing up the pause, stop, etc options. I am unable to turn on the subtitles, fast forward, rewind. In order to stop the video I have to hit the back button.

How can I fix this so it works properly?
If you have another button on the controller that brings up the menu, try that instead (I'm not sure what buttons are on the controller for that device).

It sounds like the button is currently mapped to play/pause, so you could try remapping it using the keymap editor addon (from program addons in the official repo) to select instead.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-15, 20:33)DarrenHill Wrote: If you have another button on the controller that brings up the menu, try that instead (I'm not sure what buttons are on the controller for that device).

It sounds like the button is currently mapped to play/pause, so you could try remapping it using the keymap editor addon (from program addons in the official repo) to select instead.

There is no other button. The ok button works perfectly for everything else, just not this.
Try remapping it then.

Install the keymap editor addon from program addons in the official repo. Open it, select edit, then fullscreen video, playback, show OSD - menu and then edit key and press your button.

That should remap the button to show the on-screen display when you're on the fullscreen video screen.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-15, 21:25)DarrenHill Wrote: Try remapping it then.

Install the keymap editor addon from program addons in the official repo. Open it, select edit, then fullscreen video, playback, show OSD - menu and then edit key and press your button.

That should remap the button to show the on-screen display when you're on the fullscreen video screen.

I did all that and it didn't work. It still just pauses the video.
A Debug Log file would show us the keypress and likely cause.
(2021-05-15, 22:43)FXB78 Wrote: A Debug Log file would show us the keypress and likely cause.

Never mind. I forgot to save the key mapping. Once I did that it worked. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome, glad it worked Smile

Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No pause, stop, rewind, fast forward buttons0