XBMC Ubuntu via apt-get install xbmc -> file.open('file', 'a') does not create file
Hi there,

today I downloaded XBMC Linux (Ubuntu) via the "apt-get install xbmc". XBMC installed fine and ran OK. But my scripts didn't. Here is the thing:

I write a custom logfile to my script folder (/home/user/.xbmc/scripts/scriptname/logfile.log) but now the logging fails.
- On every start of the script the current file is renamed: logfile.log -> logfile.old.log.
- Then I call file.open('logfile.log', 'a+') to create a new file and open it for append (could also use 'w+' but that won't work either).

Here is where I get an error in the xbmc.log file: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.xbmc/scripts/scriptname/logfile.log'. Eventhough the file.open command should create it.

Is this a bug, or am I missing a Linux related thing?
same deal. hacked script not to log output...not ideal.
analogue Wrote:same deal. hacked script not to log output...not ideal.

good to hear that I am not alone in this matter. Is there perhaps a more Linux minded python scripter that could help us out? Or should I post a bug report?
I installed the lateste PPA version, but it still doesn't work. Anyone got a solution to my problem?
Hi,
I have the same problem with OSX and XBMC beta 1 and 2...
Is it reported as a bug?

Best regards
Oliv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Ubuntu via apt-get install xbmc -> file.open('file', 'a') does not create file0