Kodi v19.1 not working on Amazon Fire TV after upgrading from v18.5 with MariaDB
Hi, I have a setup with Windows 10 devices and an Amazon Fire TV Cube for Kodi. I'm running Kodi for years now and it's the first time we have this problem. From my Windows 10 device, I have updated Kodi v18.5 connected to a MariaDB to the v19.1. The upgraded was made correctly and I can open the Kodi on Windows 10 devices.

I upgraded the Kodi on my Fire TV Cube, but after opening Kodi on Fire TV Cube, kodi close automatically after displayed the start menu for 1 to 2 seconds. I have try to remove completly Kodi on the Fire TV Cube and reinstall it. Kodi was working after opening it, but it's run with db locally. I upload to my Fire TV Cube the AdvancedSettings.xml that connect Kodi to my Maria DB, but Kodi hang indefinitely to the v19.1 Matrick splash screen.

I have try to change the DB name in the advancedsettings.xml and restart KODI on my Fire TV Cube and Kodi successfully connect and create a new DN to MariaDB.

Here is the log from my Fire TV Cube that cannot work with my MariaDB with v19.1

cemubadale.kodi (paste)

It's not the first time I upgrade my Kodi version and update my MariaDB, but it's the first time we have this problem.

Thank you, 
Steve
2021-06-27 10:59:20.351 T:26053 INFO <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.5.8-MariaDB
2021-06-27 10:59:20.364 T:26053 ERROR <general>: SQL: [kodi_smb_bd119] An unknown error occurred

An 'unknown' error is not very helpful...

Two things you could do:
- Enable debugging in Kodi, as well as enable the Database component as well in the debugging section, and restart Kodi and try again.
- Check any logs that MariaDB itself has created for quircks

MariaDB is known to have glitches issues from time to time in different versions. This could be one of those.
Where does the MariaDB server run on? Just another Windows client?

Do you have any SQL knowledge to check on the database contents?
(2021-06-27, 18:31)Klojum Wrote: 2021-06-27 10:59:20.351 T:26053 INFO <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.5.8-MariaDB
2021-06-27 10:59:20.364 T:26053 ERROR <general>: SQL: [kodi_smb_bd119] An unknown error occurred

Two things you could do:
- Enable debugging in Kodi, as well as enable the Database component as well in the debugging section, and restart Kodi and try again.

MariaDB is known to have glitches issues from time to time in different versions. This could be one of those.

I have enable the debug on Kodi with database component, but no more information about the error.

Mariadb run on a Asustor AS6204T.   I'm not an expert on database component.  I don't know how I can see the Mariadb log.  I know that database have content and was working because the Windows 10 devices work fine. I have the trouble with Android only.
(2021-06-28, 05:27)stgauvin Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 18:31)Klojum Wrote: 2021-06-27 10:59:20.351 T:26053 INFO <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.5.8-MariaDB

Two things you could do:

I have enable the debug on Kodi with database component, but no more information about the error.

Mariadb run on a Asustor AS6204T.   I'm not an expert on database component.  I don't know how I can see the Mariadb log.  I know that database have content and was working because the Windows 10 devices work fine. I have the trouble with Android only.
hi
I'm running kodi on 2 firestick 4k, with mariadb hosted also on nas asustor as5002t, everything is up to date and works well.

difference is that it was an android device which was the first to upgrade from 18 to 19,thus upgrade the database.
I just hope that upgrade conducted by a windows device didn't rotten your database.

check free space on your Android device. it's very short on firestick tv 4k...
(2021-07-01, 23:49)sksbir Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 05:27)stgauvin Wrote:

Two things you could do:

hi
I'm running kodi on 2 firestick 4k, with mariadb hosted also on nas asustor as5002t, everything is up to date and works well.

difference is that it was an android device which was the first to upgrade from 18 to 19,thus upgrade the database.
I just hope that upgrade conducted by a windows device didn't rotten your database.

check free space on your Android device. it's very short on firestick tv 4k...

If i start with a fresh database it's working fine. I have upgraded my Asustor to the ADM beta 4.0. I don't know if the version of mariadb in adm 4.0 beta have a problem!

But before it was working fine. There is a lot of space in my tv cube and fire tv stick. I always upgrade the kodi on a windows 10 without problem. It's the first time I have problem witb kodi and mariadb.

I have try with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 5e and same problem, it's not working with the upgraded database.
(2021-07-02, 02:00)stgauvin Wrote: I have try with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 5e and same problem, it's not working with the upgraded database

For testing sake, you could try not using MariaDB but use the default local SQLite database instead, and see how far that gets you.
If all runs well that way, you could do a full video library export, which you can use to import into a fresh MariaDB database.

Alternatively you could try running a MySQL (or different MariaDB) version database on a different computer (a RPi 3 or 4 will even do), and see how that works out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v19.1 not working on Amazon Fire TV after upgrading from v18.5 with MariaDB0