[split]Kodi dims even with screensaver set to none
Will report one bug, with the latest build as of today, AKA Matrix 19.1, I have the scrrensaver set to none, but KODI still dims, when idol for a period of time.  I just came over from using KODI on the NVIDIA Shield, and if my memory is correct, setting it to none should keep that from happening.
@mpg732 
It is better to open a new thread than to hijack a thread that is not related to the problem at hand.

And don't test my patience please.

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
In settings screen blanker - reset to default, then choose none, should that not be the ticket set the dim for 60 minutes. As a quick aside, I have no issues with turning off the blanker.
(2021-08-14, 00:43)mpg732 Wrote: Will report one bug, with the latest build as of today, AKA Matrix 19.1, I have the scrrensaver set to none, but KODI still dims, when idol for a period of time.  I just came over from using KODI on the NVIDIA Shield, and if my memory is correct, setting it to none should keep that from happening.

Hi,  are you aware of screen-burn? I would say this is a handy feature not a bug!

See here Link
Quote:Screen burn-in is a noticeable discoloration or ghosting of a previous image on a digital display. It’s caused by the regular use of certain pixels more than others, leaving them to display colors slightly differently. The end result is a noticeable and often permanent impression on the display.

Time, screen brightness, and other factors can cause burn-in, but the circumstances are different for each display technology, as different screens and their pixels operate differently at the hardware level. For LCD panels, like those used in many TVs and computer monitors, burn-in can develop because pixels eventually become unable to return to their unlit state and retain a colored profile.
As for OLED and AMOLED technology, which is now used in some modern smartphones and TVs, the light-emitting pixels in the displays can dim faster than others if used more regularly, leaving a darkened ghost of an image in their place.
(2021-08-14, 19:18)fsurfer Wrote:
(2021-08-14, 00:43)mpg732 Wrote: Will report one bug, with the latest build as of today, AKA Matrix 19.1, I have the scrrensaver set to none, but KODI still dims, when idol for a period of time.  I just came over from using KODI on the NVIDIA Shield, and if my memory is correct, setting it to none should keep that from happening.

Hi,  are you aware of screen-burn? I would say this is a handy feature not a bug!

See here Link
Quote:Screen burn-in is a noticeable discoloration or ghosting of a previous image on a digital display. It’s caused by the regular use of certain pixels more than others, leaving them to display colors slightly differently. The end result is a noticeable and often permanent impression on the display.

Time, screen brightness, and other factors can cause burn-in, but the circumstances are different for each display technology, as different screens and their pixels operate differently at the hardware level. For LCD panels, like those used in many TVs and computer monitors, burn-in can develop because pixels eventually become unable to return to their unlit state and retain a colored profile.
As for OLED and AMOLED technology, which is now used in some modern smartphones and TVs, the light-emitting pixels in the displays can dim faster than others if used more regularly, leaving a darkened ghost of an image in their place.
Thanks, yes I do know what screen burn is, most of your newer TV's do have screen burn protection into them, but either way better to be safe then sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split]Kodi dims even with screensaver set to none0