v19 Change content not available for already scanned movies
Hello,

I'm having a few issues with browsing and editing movies after they've been scanned to the library. I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but unless I'm misremembering entirely, I used to be able to to these things in earlier versions of Kodi. (By the way, I'm running Kodi v19.1 on Android on an nVidia Shield 2017, and I also did a complete re-install of Kodi very recently.)

For starters, once a movie has been scanned, I can no longer browse that movie's folder in the "Videos > Files > Movies source" view. I can see the folder in the view, but I can't enter it, which means that if there are any other video files in that same folder that haven't been scanned, like say extras or something, I can't browse to those files manually and play them from there. Only movie folders that haven't been scanned seem possible to open and browse. Clicking on a scanned movie folder in the files view (or bringing up the context menu) only allows you to "Play", "Show information", "Mark/Unmark as watched", "Add to favourites", "Queue item", "Play next" and "Play from here". There seems to be no way to actually enter and browse that folder anymore after the movie has been scanned.

The second thing is that the "Set/Change content" option doesn't appear for scanned movie folders. This leads to an even bigger hassle if and when I need to change the scraper settings for an individual movie, like setting the "use original title" switch for instance, or changing the scraper altogether. The only way to accomplish that that I've been able to find is to go into the Movies view, locate and remove the movie in question from the library, go all the way back to "Videos > Files > Movies", locate that particular movie again, bring up the "Change content" screen, change the desired settings and then finally scan it back into the library. If I happen to make a mistake, or the changed setting didn't do what I expected, I have to do all of that all over again in order to try a different setting.

According to the Kodi Wiki, the "Set/Change content" option should be available for individual video folders for this exact purpose. To be fair though, the Wiki doesn't specify whether it's supposed to work for already scanned folders or not, or if it's intended for newly added movies prior to them being scanned (https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...esh_Source). The last part of that section reads:

Quote:If you are changing the scraper to enable you to scrape one title, then this is the wrong method. You should...

• Create a new Source folder which is set to use the new scraper. This ensures that you are not at risk of overwriting your library the next time you have a title that requires a particular scraper
  • If you do not want to create a new Source, then follow the above steps but navigate to the actual video and Set Content on that video folder, not the Source folder.

Curiously enough, both these things seem to work exactly as expected for the TV shows source. If I go to "Videos > Files > TV Shows", I can drill down through the folder structure, all the way down to the actual video file (and beyond), and the "Change content" option is available in the context menus at every step. So it really makes no sense to me why the Movies source behaves differently. Another consequence of not being able to access the scraper settings for scanned movies is that it also makes you unable to exclude already scanned paths from future library updates.

Regardless of what the cause for this behavior is, it would be extremely useful to be able to change the scan and scraper settings for a movie even after it's been scanned. Having to navigate through two different views (as you can't remove a movie from the library from the files view), remove and then re-add the movie in question, just to change a simple setting is a bit of a hassle, to say the least. Especially if you need to edit/customize more than one movie.

It'd be even better if the "Set/Change content" option was also available in the Movies view, as it would make it lot easier to quickly reach the "Refresh" button on the movie information page. Conversely, it would also be very convenient to have a "Remove folder from library" option in the files view context menu as well. The more library and item management options you can have collected in the same place, the better, particularly when you're managing a large library.

And, while I'm at it, I for one think it would be great if it was possible to apply operations like "remove from library" or "refresh metadata" on more than one item at a time, via a checkbox selection system for instance. Also, if these sorts of management operations could be accomplished thorough the Web management UI, that would be even better. It would especially improve library management for Android devices like the Shield, where otherwise we're stuck navigating with a remote.

Has anyone else noticed these issues, or is it some quirk with my particular installation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change content not available for already scanned movies0