Updated to 19.2, scanning for new media never finishes anymore
Curious if anyone has come across the issue with updating to 19.2, my library goes through the scanning process but now never completes or finishes. Using the Nvidia shield, most things are set not to auto update or anything, checked addons, and everything is updated there. Just not sure why it would be an issue now. 

Had it scanning for new media now for over 25 minutes and all it states is scanning movies using The Movie Database Python with the circle at the start going round and round but 0%

Did something change that drastic with this new update?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-16, 10:28)Karellen Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

My bad.. Was more hoping to see if there was changes regarding this specific thing. Guess there would be more posts on it..

https://paste.kodi.tv/ojujekohuq.kodi
(2021-10-16, 10:49)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: Was more hoping to see if there was changes regarding this specific thing
Nope, no changes. Point releases are just bug fixes.

I can't see much wrong in your log. An Update Library takes place, and scans your entire library in approx 3 minutes.

The only issue I see is: Unable to lookup host: 'SLIMPC', but that only causes a delay of a few seconds.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-16, 10:59)Karellen Wrote: The only issue I see is: Unable to lookup host: 'SLIMPC', but that only causes a delay of a few seconds.

So i stopped the scan after a few minutes this time just to push the log file. 

What exactly is it doing after this point 2021-10-16 19:28:43.798 T:2504

I noticed with this specific scan it just stayed on that movie title on the scanning and it just seems to die off after it ?

Like am i meant to just leave it for a long period of time? Its just not updating with the new content at all..
(2021-10-16, 11:06)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: What exactly is it doing after this point 2021-10-16 19:28:43.798 T:2504
It found a Parsing nfo file with an imdb URL in it. But I can't tell what happened to the scrape as the log ends shortly after that, so there is nothing else for me to see.
If it is stuck on that movie, there is no indication in the log. Maybe try deleting that nfo file and check what happens?
My Signature
(2021-10-16, 11:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 11:06)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: What exactly is it doing after this point 2021-10-16 19:28:43.798 T:2504
It found a Parsing nfo file with an imdb URL in it. But I can't tell what happened to the scrape as the log ends shortly after that, so there is nothing else for me to see.
If it is stuck on that movie, there is no indication in the log. Maybe try deleting that nfo file and check what happens?
I just removed the whole movie and set another rescan of library. Now i can see its stuck on another movie and had been on 0% for about 10 minutes, then i saw it changed to the movie title with the year after it, which indicates it had been added to the library. But now for the last 5-6 minutes its still on the movie title with year in brackets. 

Still as im replying now its like its stuck or something, or slowly doing something but extremely slow.
10 minutes gone, still has movie with the year after it, absolutely nothing happening. I dont know when the best time is to force quit to get the log. Been over 20 minutes now.
If you pull out the left sideblade menu and select "stop update", then exit Kodi and then upload the log. There might be something in that full log.
My Signature
(2021-10-16, 11:47)Karellen Wrote: If you pull out the left sideblade menu and select "stop update", then exit Kodi and then upload the log. There might be something in that full log.

I just went in and pulled the logfile as it was still doing what ever the hell its doing. Tried to paste into log but log exceeds limit
(2021-10-16, 11:50)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: I just went in and pulled the logfile as it was still doing what ever the hell its doing.
Yes, but then you don't get the full log, which is what was wrong with your last log.
Logging is kept in memory which then gets dumped to the log file after it reaches a certain size.
So doing it your way, you give me the log, but the part I need is most likely still in memory.
This is why we always ask that you exit Kodi... so it writes the rest of the log.
My Signature
(2021-10-16, 11:59)Karellen Wrote: This is why we always ask that you exit Kodi... so it writes the rest of the log.

The log above i had exited Kodi the way you had said. This time when doing it no i did not. 

Is there anywhere you would suggest to up this current one anyway so u can take a look at it. Ive sat here watching it do nothing for 30 odd minutes so im hoping u can see something within it
(2021-10-16, 12:03)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: Is there anywhere you would suggest to up this current one anyway so u can take a look at it.
split the log in two or three. Each paste can take 2MB or around 15,000 lines. How many lines in your log?
My Signature
(2021-10-16, 22:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 12:03)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: Is there anywhere you would suggest to up this current one anyway so u can take a look at it.
split the log in two or three. Each paste can take 2MB or around 15,000 lines. How many lines in your log?

Oh it was massive but I just couldn't deal with it much longer, limited time in between trying to sort things out so I just figured to start from scratch.

So I thought I'd add my SMB share, and then just add one folder from my PC into the movie directory to let it scan. And it gets to the first movie title, and just sits there, the activity circle is going around, nothing happens, just sits there.

This is on fresh brand new install of Kodi. Now is something wrong with the scraper or something or is it my PC or network ?

Seems the same thing is happening but as you saw nothing is really showing as abnormal via the log.
(2021-10-17, 01:39)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: so I just figured to start from scratch.
Still on your Android setup? Did you delete the Kodi data folder (wiki)?

(2021-10-17, 01:39)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: Now is something wrong with the scraper or something or is it my PC or network ?
Nothing wrong with the scrapers, or else you would have seen a flood of complaints on the forum. So that leaves your network setup.

How about you install Kodi on your Windows PC with direct access to the local share. You can install Kodi in Portable Mode if you like, then delete it... Portable_mode (wiki)
Does it scrape?

On your Android setup, enable Component Logging for the log... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Ena...ic_logging
Select SMB Library and libcURL in addition to debug mode and upload a new log.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to 19.2, scanning for new media never finishes anymore0