Solved [v19] Two things that never worked for me
Hi, i'm using Rapier on Kodi since quite a while and i love it. It suites my prefrences fine, i like the look and the whole UI. Fine Work!

Exept two things that never worked for me:
  1. Animate Custom Backgrounds Setting
    It never animates any Picture, neigher format, neigher location (i've tried them all, belief me, please) and neigher Plattform (Windows 7, 10, 11, Ubuntu, Coreelec, Libreelec and ShieldTV). Rapier animates Movie and TV-Shows Fanfart, Addons like Artist Slideshow and Picture Slideshow Screensaver animates my Pictures just fine. The wierd thing in Rapier is when changeing in the Main Menu from a Category that uses Fanart to a Category that uses Custom Backgrounds Rapier animates the Custom Picture in a Fade Out but refuses to animate any else next Picture. 
  2. Ratings View in Movies and TV-Shows
    I like to use the List Information 3 View and i thing i found a little Bug in there: 
    In the upper left part is the Rating not fully visible. At least in the German View with Font setting Arial. Font Setting Standart is somewhat better, but still not completly. Please see my screenshots

Otherwise, just like i said Rapier is a wonderfull Skin

Best Regards

Screenshot#1 User Rating English Font Arial
ImageImage

Screenshot#2 User Rating German Font Arial

Screenshot#3 User Rating German Font Standard
Hi @cortesffm and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for your support and kind words. I really appreciate it.
(2021-12-02, 16:46)cortesffm Wrote: It never animates any Picture, neigher format, neigher location (i've tried them all, belief me, please) and neigher Plattform (Windows 7, 10, 11, Ubuntu, Coreelec, Libreelec and ShieldTV). Rapier animates Movie and TV-Shows Fanfart, Addons like Artist Slideshow and Picture Slideshow Screensaver animates my Pictures just fine. The wierd thing in Rapier is when changeing in the Main Menu from a Category that uses Fanart to a Category that uses Custom Backgrounds Rapier animates the Custom Picture in a Fade Out but refuses to animate any else next Picture. 

About the animation of fanart:

Skin settings > Backgrounds > General
- Animate custom backgrounds.
Enable this setting to animate the custom backgrounds (set in Skin settings > Backgrounds > Custom backgrounds) for the home screen and libraries. This setting will not affect anything else than this.
- Animate fanart backgrounds. 
Enable this setting to animate the fanart backgrounds. This setting will animate all fanart backgrounds throughout the skin.

Skin settings > Media > Music playing
- Animate fanart backgrounds. 
Enabling this will animate the fanart in the background throughout the skin when music is playing.
This requires the skin setting "Use only artist fanart for background" or "Use both music visualization and artist fanart for background".

All info is from the wiki, which I recommend reading: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier

(2021-12-02, 16:46)cortesffm Wrote:
  • Ratings View in Movies and TV-Shows
    I like to use the List Information 3 View and i thing i found a little Bug in there: 
    In the upper left part is the Rating not fully visible. At least in the German View with Font setting Arial. Font Setting Standart is somewhat better, but still not completly. Please see my screenshots

Well, it's not so much of a bug, than design.
Rapier is made for English language and all labels are checked only for that language.
Some languages will have longer labels for some strings, while other language will have shorter labels.

I can easily increase the size of that label though without breaking anything.
The fix will be included in the next development and official version of the skin.
Hi Gade and thanks for your answers.

Great that you are fixing this little optical Bug in the list view. It was always an etch to my eyes. 

And I found a solution for the animation, but it's a bit strange (at least for me).

I have set my Homescreen Background Settings to Global and defiend my multiple Picturesource there.
If i set a category to Global there is no animation. If each category is individually set to a mulpiple Picturesource it is animating just fine.

Shouldn't it work when set to Global? I always thought that this is a kind of shortcut for the User. Anyway it just runs fine now (with this workaround in my opinion).

And thanks again for your great work with Rapier. I am enjoying it everyday.
Well, it's actually by design that the default background doesn't animate at all.
It's meant as a solid fallback background.

The skin setting is called "Animate custom backgrounds".
Meaning that all custom backgrounds will animate.
You can select custom backgrounds for all categories and make them animate.
Marking this thread as solved.

Please let me know if you have more issues with this.
Thanks for reporting it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[v19] Two things that never worked for me0