[MAC] HOW-TO install plugins in XBMC for Mac (before the XBMC 10.0 Dharma release)
Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/(video-music-pictures)
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I'll double check, I'm sure I looked there!

Paul
Yes it was me being a muppet, I was looking in /library rather than /users/paul/library

Many thanks, and I must admit that i'm terribly impressed by XBMC, it's some smart piece of software!

cheers
Paul
I have tried to install a number of plugins now, but no success.
I constantly receive an error message "could not connect to network server".
This message occurs after I have added a plugin as a source.

I am running on my AppleTV 2.1, XBMC 8.10 BF1:Atlantis Compiled Dec 18 2008.

I have tried a number of plugins, some updated just a few days ago, but have had no luck. Anybody else having this problem, or ideas for a work around?

Thanks much!

Edit:

I am installing plugins in /users/me/library/application support/xbmc/plugins/videos.
When adding a source, I use the browse function, find the plugins folder in the list, and add from there.
I believe these are the correct steps.
Question 
I'm trying to add plugins to XBMC on my atv using WINSCP. I get an access denied error when it tries to create the folder. It works in my Boxee installation on the same atv. How do I open permission in the xbmc folders? I noticed in properties that the user id is "admin" and password is "root" while in Boxee it is frontrow frontrow. Any help would be appreciated.
jhauer Wrote:I'm trying to add plugins to XBMC on my atv using WINSCP. I get an access denied error when it tries to create the folder. It works in my Boxee installation on the same atv. How do I open permission in the xbmc folders? I noticed in properties that the user id is "admin" and password is "root" while in Boxee it is frontrow frontrow. Any help would be appreciated.

copy to a directory that you do have write permission. then ssh in and move it into place with help from "sudo".
Hello - How do I install plugins on my appletv? Specifically I am interested in getting this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43966 on the ATV.

I have succesfully installed XBMC on the machine (appletv v 2.3.1 and XBMC via atv-win-1.0.b11 patchstick).

Oh - will I follow same for skins additions when it comes time for that?

Last - seems that I have lost my screensaver in the native appletv..eg., when playing music the photo montage does not appear. The settings are appropriate where I used to go in the ATV. Do I need to adjust something now that I have XBMC running on the ATV?

Thank you very much.

- just occured to me that this may not be the right thread since i've got an XP box...but thought the plugins on ATV best thread to start...if this is better suited for another pls advise.
Gamester17 Wrote:For reference to others the structure is like this:

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/music/
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/music/PluginName/default.py

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/pictures/
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/pictures/PluginName/default.py

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/programs/
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/programs/PluginName/default.py

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/video/
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/video/PluginName/default.py

Is this the same for ATV?
lotagu Wrote:Is this the same for ATV?

Yes.
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).
I cannot get the ATV USB Creator for Apple TV to work. I've seen all the posts but can't figure it out. Can anyone help? I tried with both a Sandisk Cruzer Mini 2GB and a Sandisk Cruzer Countour 16GB. Neither will work. I formatted the drives as MacOS Extended (Journaled) which I understand is correct.

This is error message I get:

Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download

Is there anyway to get this to work? Would love to use XBMC on my Apple TV, but I'm stuck. Thanks for the help.
Can someone please help me with the practicalities of installing a plug-in (BBC iPlayer for instance) onto our Apple TV. I can follow the instructions for downloading and have successfully installed it onto our Macbook pro but cannot see how to get the file into ATV.:confused2:
As you have mac in your system I suggest wondershare dvd ripper pack[url=dvd copying software]dvd copying software[/url] for your mac pc this will help you rip dvds on mac faster than any other software.
Hi,

where can I download the latest Aeon skin for mac xmbmc (latest nightly)?

Greetings,

Chris
hey guy i'm not sure if this is the right place for this , but i neet some help.
i have downloaded the mtv plugin, but when i try to get iot to play in only plays for about 90sec and then stops . i have tried multiple vidoes and it does the same thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO install plugins in XBMC for Mac (before the XBMC 10.0 Dharma release)0