Mimic-LR - Color Schemes
Quick question:
Why is the grey color theme unavailable?
(2022-01-06, 20:03)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Quick question:
Possibly no one ever added a grey color scheme file to mimic. I think at some point in the past, it may have been using skin.shortcut themes (not the case now, but there is some cruft still in the code base for it)

If you can point at another skin which has a grey color scheme you like, I can probably steal the colors from their codebase and try to make a grey color scheme for mimic out of it. (depends on how they set up their theme)  the "colors" for a skin are defined in addons/<skin name>/colors/<colorname>.xml and look something like this:

Code:

<colors>
    <color name="maintext">FFE8E8E8</color>
    <color name="disabled">FF606060</color>
    <color name="black">FF000000</color>
    <color name="invalid">FFFF6666</color>
    <color name="highlight">FF4C3165</color>    
    <color name="shadow">AA000000</color>
    <color name="background">FF1C1224</color>
    <color name="dialog">FF9673B6</color>
    <color name="white11">11FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="blue">FF6DB9E5</color>
</colors>

But each skin pretty much uses its own "names", and vary on how many different colors a color scheme uses. (mostly dependent on which "source" skin it was originally copied from I imagine)

In all honesty, I'm not sure if all those defined colors are actually still used in mimic.
(2022-01-08, 09:21)randallspicher Wrote:
(2022-01-06, 20:03)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Quick question:
Possibly no one ever added a grey color scheme file to mimic. I think at some point in the past, it may have been using skin.shortcut themes (not the case now, but there is some cruft still in the code base for it)

If you can point at another skin which has a grey color scheme you like, I can probably steal the colors from their codebase and try to make a grey color scheme for mimic out of it. (depends on how they set up their theme)  the "colors" for a skin are defined in addons/<skin name>/colors/<colorname>.xml and look something like this:

Code:

<colors>
    <color name="maintext">FFE8E8E8</color>
    <color name="disabled">FF606060</color>
    <color name="black">FF000000</color>
    <color name="invalid">FFFF6666</color>
    <color name="highlight">FF4C3165</color>    
    <color name="shadow">AA000000</color>
    <color name="background">FF1C1224</color>
    <color name="dialog">FF9673B6</color>
    <color name="white11">11FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="blue">FF6DB9E5</color>
</colors>

But each skin pretty much uses its own "names", and vary on how many different colors a color scheme uses. (mostly dependent on which "source" skin it was originally copied from I imagine)

In all honesty, I'm not sure if all those defined colors are actually still used in mimic.

I think the color of the theme is defined in rhe folder "colors" .There a lot of colors.xml. I think you can defined your own color by creating a grey.xml 🙂
Unity has a pretty good grey color theme...
(2022-01-13, 10:22)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Unity has a pretty good grey color theme...

I couldn't really get the colors in Unity to work (unity isn't using the standard kodi color.xml files, it's using a method of setting variables via settings), and I couldn't get the colors specified in Unity's settings to look right,  but I did get *a* Grey scheme into the latest beta.

I also revamped the color framework a bit, and added some more named colors to allow for more variation than just "normal text" and "highlight color".  There's now the ability to differentiate between "title" text, "normal" text (things like plot), "alt" text (things like genres, years, other field data), "label" text (the color of the hard-coded labels), as well as the "focus" color.  You might also notice that some of the more esoteric views such as Keibertz and coverflow actually obey the kodi color scheme setings now. (they were hardcoded to a "blue" scheme previously)

So if anyone wants to play around with the themes (the xml files under addons/skin.mimic.lr/colors ) we can have more options.  (feel free to send me any you come up with)

For instance, all our color schemes right now are of the "dark backgrounds with light/color text" variety.  Might be interesting to see something of the light background / dark text variety.
(2022-01-15, 14:57)randallspicher Wrote:
(2022-01-13, 10:22)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Unity has a pretty good grey color theme...

I couldn't really get the colors in Unity to work (unity isn't using the standard kodi color.xml files, it's using a method of setting variables via settings), and I couldn't get the colors specified in Unity's settings to look right,  but I did get *a* Grey scheme into the latest beta.

I also revamped the color framework a bit, and added some more named colors to allow for more variation than just "normal text" and "highlight color".  There's now the ability to differentiate between "title" text, "normal" text (things like plot), "alt" text (things like genres, years, other field data), "label" text (the color of the hard-coded labels), as well as the "focus" color.  You might also notice that some of the more esoteric views such as Keibertz and coverflow actually obey the kodi color scheme setings now. (they were hardcoded to a "blue" scheme previously)

So if anyone wants to play around with the themes (the xml files under addons/skin.mimic.lr/colors ) we can have more options.  (feel free to send me any you come up with)

For instance, all our color schemes right now are of the "dark backgrounds with light/color text" variety.  Might be interesting to see something of the light background / dark text variety.
I try to a light backgroud/dark text Big Grin
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nc4v17oga...w.xml/file
@randallspicher
The text is difficult to read in the light background theme. Each character have 2 colors: a main color and a white color. How can I change the white color to have the same main color? In that case, I think It is easier to read the text 🙂
@randallspicher 
I can change the color of the items in the dialog box using color name "dialog". But I can't change the blackground color of the dialog box which is black. How can I change this black color to a color fit with my light background theme Laugh
(2022-01-18, 04:04)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
I can change the color of the items in the dialog box using color name "dialog". But I can't change the blackground color of the dialog box which is black. How can I change this black color to a color fit with my light background theme Laugh

The dialog backgrounds had been hard-coded to black, rather than using the "dialog" color.  I fixed that in the latest beta (-b11).
Note, I also added some "light" backgrounds in the latest beta (originally they were all very dark backgrounds).
For a "light" scheme to work, you'll probably also need to change the "overlay" (on the skin->backgrounds settings), to either one of the "grey" overlays, or one of the "white" overlays.
(2022-01-17, 00:50)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher
The text is difficult to read in the light background theme. Each character have 2 colors: a main color and a white color. How can I change the white color to have the same main color? In that case, I think It is easier to read the text 🙂
There's a "shadow" color defined that is used.  Probably that is set to a light color.  With dark text on a light background, it would need to be set to a dark color.
@randallspicher 
The latest beta  (-b11) works well. Here is my New.xml remade:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q9dd5m7jf...w.xml/file
What are (Low Temp, High Temp, Blue, White11) used for?
Thank you very much Laugh
Updated to b11, will a future update fix the color change to the option menus & other settings?
(2022-01-21, 00:46)lwilli1026 Wrote: Updated to b11, will a future update fix the color change to the option menus & other settings?

Yes.  I'm debating how to handle that.  Previously, dialogs (eg, pop up menus) were hard-coded to a dark background, (totally ignoring the "dialog" color specified in the color schemes). Once I updated the skin to obey the "dialog" color, it turns out most of the color schemes dialog set to something fairly light.

Currently, the text on dialogs just uses the same text colors as everything else, which would require dialog to be set to a color similar to the background. (a darker dialog color if you have a dark background scheme, and a light dialog color if you have a light background scheme)
However, it may be preferable to have separate settings for the text in the dialogs, so you could have a "light" theme with dark text, that has a dark dialog with light text in it.  (or vice versa). 

Or would it look best to always keep the text the same, and instead just make the dialog bg color a slightly different shade from the regular background?

Maybe we can vote?
@randallspicher 
Is it possible to set as har-coded:
(color name="dialog") =  (color name="background")?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic-LR - Color Schemes0