Kodi installed on Sony XBR 65 X900F - how to move userdata to external thumbdrive
Have successfully installed Kodi 19.3 from the AppStore on my TV. But I need to move the userdata off the small internal storage to my Samsung USB thumbdrive.
I created the needed "pointer" textfile in the root of the internal storage pointing to the thumbdrive, but the TV isn't letting me move any files using XPlore. This worked successfully for my Shield TV, so I'm assuming it's Sony locking things down for anything other than a vanilla install (developer options not even listed to toggle). Kodi actually had been working better on the TV versus my STV will all the Experience 9.0 headaches.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Just did this on a Sony A80J. Get rid of the obnoxious animated avi, and I'll answer further.
Thanks for your very kind offer to help me only if I remove something you don't like . Hint: it isn't an "avi"
Have a wonderful day!
(2022-01-24, 22:43)christoofar Wrote: Thanks for your very kind offer to help me only if I remove something you don't like . Hint: it isn't an "avi"
Have a wonderful day!

"avi" is well-known short for avatar, and chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help.
For anyone who would like to do this on this model TV:
 Using XPlore file manager on the TV, I created a simple txt file "xbmc_env.properties". In this file I added a single row of text "xbmc.data=/storage/XXX/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files" where XXX is the name of your external storage device.
This file is placed in the root of the internal memory on the TV.
Next install and run Kodi from the PlayStore (do not scrape anything yet) install the Backup app from the Kodi repository. I backed up all of the Kodi files (non compressed) onto the tdrive.
I looked at the folder structure in the internal install to see which files I needed to  for this. I had to create a .kodi folder on the tdrive inside the /org.xmbc.kodi/files folder, and I moved the required backed up folders on the tdrive into that new folder.
Fired up Kodi, scraped some media, then checked both internal storage and USB drive, and confirmed they info was being saved onto the external USB stick.
 My TV's version of Android is pretty locked down, no developer options, so no way to enable usb debug to do this thru adb. But this method worked.
Hmm, at least my Sony TV does have developer options.. You just need the typical "click build version multiple times" -trick to activate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi installed on Sony XBR 65 X900F - how to move userdata to external thumbdrive0