Solved Opensubtitles.org add-on not working
Just tried to download a subtitle for a movie using the OpenSubtitles.org plugin installed on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro.

It said that my username or password were wrong, so I went investigating since it had worked fine many times before. It appears the OpenSubtitles.org website has been hacked and they have created a new website at OpenSubtitles.com, which has create a bit of an issue with the OpenSubtitles.org plugin. It is pointing at the wrong URL with no way to redirect it to the new URL.

Has anyone got a work around for this problem, since most of the other options listed in Kodi Addons are either not in English or have dubious websites that come up with a warning?

Is there a configuration files somewhere that contains the URL, that can be edited?
The OpenSubtitles add-on works on my device, it just needs the reset password in the add-on's configuration. There is no need to go to the .com website of OpenSubtitles.
(2022-01-25, 11:40)Klojum Wrote: The OpenSubtitles add-on works on my device, it just needs the reset password in the add-on's configuration. There is no need to go to the .com website of OpenSubtitles.

I reset the password, and even created a new account, but when I enter the updated details into Kodi add-on's configuration, it is still saying that it doesn't recognise the credentials.
Eww.. I'm not really sure what to say to that. Maybe that OpenSubtitles has made changes for newly created accounts that are incompatible with the current add-on. Did you create a new account on the .org or the .com website?
Did both created a new one and reset the old one.
Found out what the problem was. Has nothing to do with the Username and Password as the error message suggests. My ISP has decided to regionally block the website, so I had to set my VPN to another country to access the subtitles through Kodi.
(2022-02-01, 09:28)Bad Wolf Wrote: My ISP has decided to regionally block the website

How nice... Good to know that that is a thing now.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opensubtitles.org add-on not working0