Android Change frame rate on Sony TV

Hi guys, im new here.
I want to ask about how to change frame rate in my Sony bravia x90j back to 24fps. It's really bothers me. Thank you so much
It's not always handy to take a portrait screenshot of a landscape screen...(Ever heard of VVS syndrome?)
But I'm guessing the Kodi menu is still at Basic level. Change it to Advanced or Expert level, and more options will be visible.
ImageThanks for answering my question. Really appreciate that. Sorry for not taking a horizontal photo, since my vertical is preferred for being viewed in cellphone, as long as it contains decent content.
You can tell it is already in export mode, because in Basic level there will be like 2 line in the menu
Okay, now go to the Settings/System/Player/Videos/Playback section.

- Adjust display refresh rate to ON
- Sync playback to display to Enabled

Thanks bro, I selected both On start/On start and stop, but still can't change the frame rate and resolution
Your TV should auto-change to the correct frame rate with the 1st option enabled, and a video with a certain fps is played.
If that doesn't happen, then your Sony TV has a mind of its own.
I do think so, have you ever known someone had the same problem as this? I might have to find another movie app for my Sony tv
(2022-03-16, 22:15)danghiepkt Wrote: Image

Looks like it's locked the resolution/framerate for apps.
Hi Hitcher, is there anything I can do about it? I try every possibility but it's still locked. I also turned off the motion flow in the TV but it is hopeless
The second option "Sync playback to display" should be of some help in that case. Any maybe disable the first option.
It's like using Kodi on a fixed 60Hz PC or laptop monitor, and videos usually play fine on them.
I tried to play around with those options by turning it on/off multiple times but it didn't help Sad
I mean is there any Sony + Kodi community that I can speak to them?
You got a debug log (wiki) available of a problem video?
I mean, settings are one thing. The video is another.
I dont think it's a problem. All the movie, video that opened in Kodi are displayed in 60FPS, however when I switch to the Media Player (default Sony app), it's back to 24 fps. I wonder if it's not Sony TV, can Kodi play video in 24 FPS.
Kodi can play videos in all available frame rates.

If Sony decides to fixate the frame rate to its display for external video players, then that is beyond our control.
But if it's no longer a problem to you, and there is no kodi.log file available for us, then this is a "case closed".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change frame rate on Sony TV0