Audio spikes every few seconds
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing audio spikes every few seconds while playing video or while playing mp3 files for example. I have two audio devices - 2.0 speakers and HDMI cable connected to my monitor that has in-built speakers as well. The issue persists on either device.

1. Version of Kodi. Note - 19.4
2. Windows Version + Service Pack version Windows 10 Pro, 21H2
3. CPU/Architecture Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz
4. RAM amount 16,0 GB
5. Details of all devices relevant to the problem
6. FULL Debug Log https://paste.kodi.tv/ejerofaqoj.kodi
It appears that you have some repositories and add-ons that are in contradiction to house rules Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) (a fork of the Quasar addon.) and until you have a clean set-up, your issue atm is likely to point back at some rouge code. Suggest you load up a Portable mode (wiki) installation, prove out it's functionality and should the issue still be with the hardware, a proper debug log of that installation might offer a better perspective.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello, 

sorry about that. I've deleted it and installed a portable version.

The problem keeps happening. Here is a log https://paste.kodi.tv/bisedusale.kodi
Hello,

May I get some assistance, please?

Thank you.
From the log "large audio sync error:" suggest check out Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and Talk:Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and follow along with this Windows audio (wiki) on your set-up.

I do note: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 75Hz (is this a laptop?) otherwise set your desktop to 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
AVI videos are a bit old skool, they could have some inconsistencies. Are the spikes happening at the same timestamp each time in the video?
Having Nvidia's sound devices listed some 14 times in the log is a bit distracting.
(2022-03-30, 18:00)PatK Wrote: From the log "large audio sync error:" suggest check out Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and Talk:Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and follow along with this Windows audio (wiki) on your set-up.

I do note: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 75Hz (is this a laptop?) otherwise set your desktop to 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz

It's a desktop. 75HZ screen. Will check the guides.
Quote:AVI videos are a bit old skool, they could have some inconsistencies. Are the spikes happening at the same timestamp each time in the video?
Having Nvidia's sound devices listed some 14 times in the log is a bit distracting.
Spikes happen on any audio or video files I've tried.
(2022-03-30, 18:11)Klojum Wrote: Are the spikes happening at the same timestamp each time in the video?

No, they differ.
(2022-03-30, 18:00)PatK Wrote: From the log "large audio sync error:" suggest check out Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and Talk:Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and follow along with this Windows audio (wiki) on your set-up.

Desktop was set to 60HZ, still lagging. Set up my Kodi audio and windows just as in the guides, audio keeps spiking.
(2022-03-23, 17:06)kyledab0y7 Wrote: I have two audio devices - 2.0 speakers and HDMI cable connected to my monitor that has in-built speakers as well. The issue persists on either device.
Given that you have tried with a portable mode version and have two different audio devices and the issue persists. Spikes in audio are usually associated with voltage or threshold signals in hardware and suggest that selected NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti adapter driver might be worth investigation.  Crackling/Cracking sound when playing seems to be a common Nvidia complaint.
(2022-03-31, 18:20)PatK Wrote:
(2022-03-23, 17:06)kyledab0y7 Wrote: I have two audio devices - 2.0 speakers and HDMI cable connected to my monitor that has in-built speakers as well. The issue persists on either device.
Give that you have tried with a portable mode version and have two different audio devices and the issue persists. Spikes in audio are usually associated with voltage or threshold signals in hardware and suggest that selected NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti adapter driver might be worth investigation.  Crackling/Cracking sound when playing seems to be a common Nvidia complaint.

Sadly these spikes only happen in Kodi, no other player or sound.
(2022-04-01, 09:23)kyledab0y7 Wrote: spikes only happen in Kodi, no other player or sound.
Not the most ideal solution; External players (wiki) a work-round that might at least satisfy utilization of Kodi for it's library functions. I should note that this is not a common issue with the majority of Kodi users, which points back at something in the hardware configuration you have. FYI: I used to have an audio bar that did this when the audio reached threshold levels, I contained it by simply turning down the source levels, but ended up discarding the bar over inadequate performance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio spikes every few seconds0