Release Yahoo! Weather
Just as another option for ppl who still want to use it:
I added the fixed version of the "Yahoo! Weather" (v5.2.0) addon to my repo (Kodi 17+18).
Download repository.axbmcuser.zip
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2021-07-05, 21:37)axbmcuser Wrote: I added the fixed version of the "Yahoo! Weather" (v5.2.0) addon to my repo (Kodi 17+18).
Thank you.
Did yahoo weather broke for anyone else? Since yesterday, I get the notification that the addon could not be started and these show up in the log
Code:
2022-02-09 12:21:36.008 T:140011747919616   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 0
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 286, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 142, in forecast
                                                properties(data, loc, locid)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 166, in properties
                                                data = response['weathers'][0]
                                            KeyError: 0
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I was on v5.1.0.1, i.e. the one that was originally patched by the osmc devs. Earlier I discovered the one that axmbcuser hosts in his repo, so I upgraded to it, but the error remains the same. Happens on both my systems running 18.9, one runs libreelec 9.2.6 x64 (old laptop) and the other one runs coreelec 9.2.8 (amlogic s905 tvbox).
Quote:Did yahoo weather broke for anyone else?

Yes the same thing here on my windows installation but on my android TV the add-on fails silently. I've disabled the add-on for now.
Great Tongue
What can we do now?
Probably time to start getting things ready for an upgrade to Matrix much as I don't want to.
I wish I could say the same about my installations. Coreelec on the tvbox can not be upgraded to anything newer, libreelec 10 (or kodi 19) on the old laptop gives me some weird framedrop issues and libreelec 10 is not yet available for my rpi3b+ (I did not mention it above because I use it rarely).
On the other hand, a weather addon is not something that important. I could live without one, but I installed the one for gismeteo and I will check how good its predictions are. Long story short, if there is no update for yahoo weather, I will soon abandon it completely.
Quote:I installed the one for gismeteo and I will check how good its predictions are

Thanks for the tip about Gismeteo - I've installed it as well and it seems to work.
Something I should have done since yesterday.
I (just) opened kodi 19 on my main pc, which has multiweather, and it also crashes there with similar error about... yahoo. 
Code:
2022-02-09 18:46:57.593 T:3366    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                     File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/default.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       weather.MAIN(mode=sys.argv[1])
                                                     File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/weather.py", line 28, in __init__
                                                       self.get_forecast(location, locationid, locationlat, locationlon)
                                                     File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/weather.py", line 115, in get_forecast
                                                       yahoo.Weather.get_weather(data, loc, locid)
                                                     File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/providers/yahoo.py", line 8, in get_weather

2022-02-09 18:46:57.664 T:3366     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
So, it is safe to assume that a change in yahoo's api (if that is still a thing) broke it. There is a fixed version of it in its thread, thus I hope the fix will be backported here too.
Nothing really changed to the API, they just added some additional hoops (probably for usage-tracking).
For those still want to repair their Yahoo! add-on: replacement for default.py Just put it over previous default one.
P.S. thanks to @ronie for explore of problem
I added the fixed version v5.2.1 (2022-02-15) of

weather.yahoo
"Yahoo! Weather (KODI 17+18) (axbmcuser)"

to my repo (KODI 17+18):

https://github.com/axbmcuser/_repo/raw/m...mcuser.zip
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Thanks for the fix, but it‘s not working for me. I get this error:
Code:
2022-02-17 09:11:49.119 T:1970381632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 323, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 179, in forecast
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 203, in properties
2022-02-17 09:12:30.407 T:2248143680 ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.weathericons.default/
2022-02-17 09:12:31.089 T:1961988928 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 323, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 179, in forecast
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 203, in properties
It's strange enough; looks like some kind of file access permission problems. As per my understanding, You do have Windows device?
I have Linux only, so I can't check Your error. So, a couple of questions:
1. Did You restart Kodi (or, maybe, whole device is better)?
2. Do You have cookies.txt file on path userdata/addon_data/weather.yahoo? If I'm right about Windows, change all "/" to "\" and look into Kodi Wiki where You "userdata" lays on.
3. If there is that file on given path, can show here its content?
I use Libreelec. After delete the cookie.txt file now it‘s working. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather0