Release Yahoo! Weather
@StrangeAlien 
Thanks.
I combined your changes with v5.2.6 > v5.2.7 for KODI 17+18 now online.

If you don't mind you could base future changes on v5.2.7 since it contains some more code improvements from the last few versions.
That would make adapting code changes to the repo version even easier. Blush
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hi @StrangeAlien & @axbmcuser,

You guys are my heroes! Many thanks to both of you for your work. Honestly, I was beginning to think I'd have to look into reverse engineering @ronie's fixes myself. I wasn't looking forward to that! I sure hope Yahoo is finished mucking about. Anyway, thanks again, and take care.
@axbmcuser 
I looked into Your 5.2.7 and I don't like it. It's some kind of merging of my and original @ronie 's code. So, there are mistakes in that version. For example, Yahoo changed response format, so expire date of cookie is in different place and with different format, but You leaved expire_date computing unchanged: resulting, it forces constantly update cookie, as per my understanding. We have different ways to update expired/wrong cookie file; I'm too lazy to compare which one is best, but they are different. Again, I don't talk which default.py is better (after correcting expire_date, of course Smile ) , but someone needs working out that differences. Or not, it's not big deal too  Smile
To moderators:
It seems I can't edit messages still?
(2022-05-28, 03:42)pixel8tor Wrote: Hi @StrangeAlien & @axbmcuser,

You guys are my heroes! Many thanks to both of you for your work. Honestly, I was beginning to think I'd have to look into reverse engineering @ronie's fixes myself. I wasn't looking forward to that! I sure hope Yahoo is finished mucking about. Anyway, thanks again, and take care.
I don't think so, unfortunately. Yahoo goes the same way other big boys go: all those problems because of their constant strengthening end user control. So, it's far from the end of story, I'm afraid
(2022-05-28, 12:27)StrangeAlien Wrote: It seems I can't edit messages still?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen, thanks a lot! I missed those "quick/full edit" somehow
@StrangeAlien

Thanks for pointing out the mash-up that @"axbmcuser" produced. I replaced his default.py with yours, and it works just fine. Thanks again for your work.
(2022-05-28, 01:29)axbmcuser Wrote: @StrangeAlien 
Thanks.
I combined your changes with v5.2.6 > v5.2.7 for KODI 17+18 now online.

@axbmcuser:

I'm using Leia v18.9 and installed v5.2.7 in KODI from the ZIP file I downloaded at https://github.com/axbmcuser/_repo/raw/m...-5.2.7.zip , but unfortunately I'm stiill getting a "Data Error: forecast" message :-(
Is there a newer working version available from you? If so, could you please give a direct download link?

Thanks in advance!
@Mr.Floppy 
Looks like yahoo changed something again in the last 1-2? days.
Business as usual. :-)
Let's wait and see for a fix.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Now online:
v5.2.8
- fixed connection yet again (cookie stuff, thx @ronie ) (working @ 2022-07-19)
Even with v5.2.8 downloaded at https://github.com/axbmcuser/_repo/raw/m...-5.2.8.zip, I'm still getting the "Data Error: forecast" message. I've also tried to uninstall the previous version before and installed v5.2.8 again, but also with no success :-(

Do you have any idea what I can do next to solve the problem?
@Mr.Floppy 
Hm. Just tested v5.2.8 via regular repo update on 2x KODI 17 test system + 1x KODI 18 test system. All three worked. Oo  I hit "refresh" on the weather submenu because i was in a hurry, but besides that, everything just worked oob.
I discovered that on another KODI installation in my household, v5.2.8 is working! On my Android TV box there is a file called "cookies.txt" in the addons' user directory. I copied it to the KODI installation on my PC, and that solved the problem!

Question is, why a new installation of the addon doesn't create the "cookies.txt" file automatically... anyway, it is working fine now, thanks for your suppoort!
and if you send that file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather0