"No signal" When switching to HDMI input
I rebooted my Pi with the TV off.  Not very smart.  I'll try again with the TV on.  This will "provoke" the CEC issue (where I can't control Kodi with my TV remote), but it won't provoke the 'no signal' issue, because that only happens after changing to another source for a while - and it doesn't happen every time even then.
My Pi is running all the time.  I just powered on my TV, and Kodi was there (ie: no "no signal" issue), but CEC didn't work.

LOL, after rebooting my Pi, this time CEC worked (again, this always used to work with Buster).

After rebooting my Pi, I got this from dmesg:  https://pastebin.com/XxCYiK8p

I then changed the input source and turned the TV off.  Nothing showed up in dmesg, but it was only a minute after that I checked.
I've cleared dmesg now.  I'm going to leave the Pi running with the TV off and do my best to monitor dmesg.
With the TV off, and after leaving it for approximately six hours, dmesg shows this:

[14514.469808] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.3.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -19
[14514.469868]  MAI: soc_pcm_open() failed (-19)
[14514.470589] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.3.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -19
[14514.470620]  MAI: soc_pcm_open() failed (-19)
[18151.946157] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.3.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -19
[18151.946218]  MAI: soc_pcm_open() failed (-19)
[18151.946935] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.3.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -19
[18151.946967]  MAI: soc_pcm_open() failed (-19)

Powered on the TV, and everything working as expected (Kodi there, and CEC working).  Checked dmesg again, and got this:

[25481.154194] v3d fec00000.v3d: MMU error from client CLE (4) at 0xca41000, pte invalid

So neither issues is happening right now, but I don't consider this issue 'fixed', because I'm sure it will occur again.  It's an intermittent problem (which I'm sure are the hardest to fix), but I've done my best to give as much info as possible.
Ok, checked this morning.  Turned the TV on, Kodi is there, but CEC isn't working.  Checked dmesg and it's just full of this message:  cec-vc4: message 10 timed out

Appreciate if anyone can help with either issue I'm having.
So just to rehash:  My current configuration sometimes works.  There must be some type of 'timeout' issue?  I haven't changed any settings, other than running sudo apt update and sudo apt full-upgrade

Restarting Kodi fixes the 'no signal' issue, but not the CEC issue.
You could try LibreELEC on another sd-card and see if the issue remains.
(2022-06-04, 11:37)MatteN Wrote: You could try LibreELEC on another sd-card and see if the issue remains.

I could, but I don't see the point.  I can't use LibreELEC because I use my Pi for other tasks as well as running Kodi.  Also, I've seen things work as they should on the current build.  Also, also, everything worked fine (same hardware) with the Buster release.
Ok, so its probably not a problem with Kodi then.
(2022-06-04, 22:43)MatteN Wrote: Ok, so its probably not a problem with Kodi then.

Yeah I don't know.  I think it's either a configuration issue, or a timing issue.  Something to do with CEC.  But I don't know, hence this post Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"No signal" When switching to HDMI input0