KODI losing focus when TV is turned off
I have a intel nuc 11 with windows 11, connected via a pulse eight cec-usb to a LG OLED55C8. I have finally got the cec-adapter to work, seems that I have to exit KODI, unplug the HDMI-cable and reattach it and the restart KODI for it to work sometimes. The problem now is that whenever I shut the TV off, and then restart it, KODIs window seem to be in the background. I have an icon in the taskbar, I can actually hear the remote working the menus but I have to click the icon and use alt + enter to regain KODIs screen again. Just clicking the icon won’t bring it back. This is quite an annoyance since I can’t use only the remote when turning my TV on. No settings I’ve tried seem to remedy this also. I have the CEC-USB adapter configured so that it won’t put the nuc in standby or do anything at all when the TV is shut off.
Likely the properties of the HDCP loss of handshaking. Exit Kodi before you shut down the TV, and turn on the TV before you launch Kodi. This link should give you some work-round.
When I used to use Windows based NUCs for Kodi, I had similar issues and worked around it by ensuring that the NUC shut down whenever I turned off the TV, you would need to be using a universal remote, such as a Logitech Harmony for this to be viable.

I posted the details many years ago here.
Can you use someting like Custom Resolution Utility to create an EDID override so it appears to the NUC that the TV is never turned off.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3091782 for an example of how to use.
I had many similar issues with my previous nuc due to hdmi handshake issues. I couldn't get the issue resolved, even using an hdfury device. If I would even switch inputs on my receiver I would completely lose signal from the nuc until I rebooted it.

I finally upgraded my nuc this year and ended up going with the nuc11tnhi5 which has Intel display emulation, which solved all of my issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI losing focus when TV is turned off0