Kodi running in PC with Windows Subsystem for Android
Hi..!   Smile

I have just installed WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM FOR ANDROID in my Windows 11 Pro and then installed Kodi 20 Nexus Alpha 1.
Does anyone have experience using Kodi this way?
I am trying to play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in 4K HDR with the PC flexibility and the Android advantages (4K HDR and Atmos sound).

Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance for your input...

Regards,
(2022-07-01, 17:57)lynxstrike Wrote: Is this even possible?

Why don't you try and find out, and let us know the outcome? AFAIK, you're the first attempting this.
(2022-07-01, 17:57)lynxstrike Wrote: I am trying to play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in 4K HDR with the PC flexibility and the Android advantages (4K HDR and Atmos sound).

Is this even possible?

I have doubts this will work as the Android subsystem will be seen by Netflix / Amazon as a generic environment not tied to a specific hardware device (I think both services look for hardware IDs or something of approved devices?) but as my colleague has suggested, why don't you give it a try and report back? Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
@Sandmann79 

I have been trying to watch VOD in 4K with Kodi in PC which has been impossible for me (except on YouTube which looks amazing!). I had the idea of using Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA)
and at least in settings everything looked OK (all options to play video en 4K and HDR are highlighted and available) and was able to login to my Amazon account (with 2FA). All my list and user appeared when I lunch the application, but at the moment of trying to play a video I receive this messages>

Anyone any thoughts?

Regards,
A "virtual" Android environment such as this is not a real hardware device and so doesn't meet the requirement of being a Widevine L1 secured hardware device. Hence this is probably why your Android "device" fails to be registered with Amazon and your playback fails.

If you'd care to provide a link to your Debug Log capturing the attempted playback it will probably show you as much.
Thanks for looking into this matter!

Link to log.

Regards,
I'm no expert (and you didn't set the log to debug mode which means less detail) but looking at lines 282 and 283 it seems that the addon is failing to pass the DRMed link to the Amazon servers (connection refused) most likely reason is what we discussed, the "device" is not authorised.

But as I said, I'm no expert.
Dangelus, thanks anyway for looking into this.

... and not even YouTube is working via this installation Sad
(2022-07-03, 17:02)lynxstrike Wrote: Dangelus, thanks anyway for looking into this.

... and not even YouTube is working via this installation Sad

Probably for similar reasons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi running in PC with Windows Subsystem for Android0