Create a Playlist that includes a music playlist and a video playlist
Looking to create a playlist that consists of a music playlist and a video playlist.

Want to have a playlist of music play until we're ready to move to the next playlist which would be a video playlist.
It would be the equivalent of having house music and then starting a string of videos for exhibition.

Reason for this request is to not have the Kodi interface show when switching from music to video. There's a handful of mouse movements necessary to exit from a music playlist, move to video and start a video playlist. Would like to make this seamless, if possible.

Thank you,
Spires
A mixed playlist of music and video is not possible.

What might be possible however is to use the Pictures section to setup a slideshow consisting of pictures and video, as a music playlist can be run at the same time as the slideshow is running, it's not something I've ever tried however. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Pictures#Background_Music

However I'm not exactly sure on what happens in a mixed slideshow of pictures & video, I think it will pause the music when beginning the video, but not sure if it will auto resume the music playlist once the video has finished and transitioned back to pcitures.
Obviously using this method requires pictures to display, depending on what exatly you're doing, it could be a load of photos, artwork, or you could have one image that is repeated to give the wanted time between videos.

For example, and image such as

Set display time to 1 minute.

So if you want 5 minutes between videos repeat image in the folder 5 times, or if you want 10 minute repeat 10 times, and so on.
(2022-08-10, 07:05)spiresvideo Wrote: Looking to create a playlist that consists of a music playlist and a video playlist.

Want to have a playlist of music play until we're ready to move to the next playlist which would be a video playlist.
It would be the equivalent of having house music and then starting a string of videos for exhibition.

Reason for this request is to not have the Kodi interface show when switching from music to video. There's a handful of mouse movements necessary to exit from a music playlist, move to video and start a video playlist. Would like to make this seamless, if possible.

Your question made me curious of possible solutions.  Using a Mezzmo solution I was able to create a mixed smart playlist  by selecting all media types and play it with Kodi using the play from here option.  Here's the resulting playlist.    It worked just like you described except when it switched from music to video Kodi didn't bring the video into foreground focus.  I didn't spend any time to figure out why but this does tell me that it is possible to do what you want but might require an addon or similar to allow creating a mixed playlist with the ability to detect the media type switch and bring videos into focus or digging into a Mezzmo solution to detect the media type change and bring into focus.  

***  Update ***

I found a solution which works using Mezzmo.  If Kodi is setup as a uPNP DMP (digital media player) then from the Mezzmo GUI I was able to push the mixed playlist to Kodi via uPNP and it automatically switched from music to video in the foreground since Mezzmo is signaling the content type vs. the Kodi play from here function which I presume Kodi assumes is all the same content type.  

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I have just tested a mixed playlist. 
It works for me. It switches between music and video without any problems.
Example: 
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:421,Erasure - Always
D:/Index/test/14 - Erasure - Always.mp3
#EXTINF:197,Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy [Video]
D:/Index/test/Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy [Video].mp4
#EXTINF:222,Bad Boys Blue - Show Me
D:/Index/test/25 - Bad Boys Blue - Show Me.mp3
#EXTINF:181,Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You [Video]
D:/Index/test/Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You [Video].mp4

(2022-08-10, 19:00)Fuchs2468 Wrote: I have just tested a mixed playlist. 

Simple and elegant.  Nice.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
You can create smart playlist of type "mixed", but AFAIK the videos must have content type of music video.

scott s.
(2022-08-10, 23:00)scott967 Wrote: You can create smart playlist of type "mixed", but AFAIK the videos must have content type of music video.

scott s.

Ahhh.  That seems to align with the manual playlist above.  In the case of the Mezzmo solution I tested it was a mix of music of audio music tracks and video movies in a common mixed playlist.  Mezzmo fully supports that and uPNP allows pushing different content types to a DMP as long as the DMP supports the content type..  You could even toss in some images / pictures for good measure. Smile

Jeff
(2022-08-10, 19:00)Fuchs2468 Wrote: I have just tested a mixed playlist. 
Example: 
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:421,Erasure - Always
D:/Index/test/14 - Erasure - Always.mp3
#EXTINF:197,Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy [Video]
D:/Index/test/Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy [Video].mp4
#EXTINF:222,Bad Boys Blue - Show Me
D:/Index/test/25 - Bad Boys Blue - Show Me.mp3
#EXTINF:181,Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You [Video]
D:/Index/test/Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You [Video].mp4

Nice, since mixed music/video Smartplaylists can't be done I just assumed it was the same for static m3u since I couldn't find anything to say otherwise.
(2022-08-11, 09:45)jjd-uk Wrote: I just assumed it was the same for static m3u since I couldn't find anything to say otherwise.
Its in the intro... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists
Although I do remember problems switching between music/video/music. But I think daveblake fixed that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Mixed smart playlists can be opened / playback started from either the music window or videos window.  If multiple items from the mixed smart playlist are selected for playback, all queued items will be shown in the music "now playing" playlist.  The video "now playing" playlist will not exist unless a video is actually playing, but it will only contain a ".." entry.

There was a problem in the past that for mixed smart playlists opened in the music window, showing info <i> on a music video would open the song information window, but that was fixed and now it shows the movie information window.  Estuary skin IMO doesn't do a great job of highlighting if a mixed smart playlist item is music or video, though if opened in the videos window the focused item does show video stream info if it is a video.

scott s.
Never tried it, but I guess it should be possible to trick Kodi into thinking any video is a music video if a mp4 e.g. tag it with director as artist for example, and title as both track/album tags.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create a Playlist that includes a music playlist and a video playlist0