NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro doesn't work anymore. I have to buy a new one. help!
Hello,
I used NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro first generation with satisfaction. I liked its interface where it showed all my videos on one page. I think it was a 2015 model. I'll have to buy a new device.
Now I give you some information:
1) I never see videos on the Internet and don't play games. I ONLY use it with a hardrive in which I have a lot of my videos made by myself in 4K (but also in HD).
2) I am interested in high video quality. I use the player with a Sony Bravia 65 "TV.
3) I use Kodi only.
What do you recommend me to buy with a budget of max 220-230 eruo? Would you recommend buying the new NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro or some other model/brand?
Thank you for your precious info.
If you really only use Kodi, then why no RPI? The Raspberry PI 4 allows you to play 4k content and is quite cheap. Since it also has a hardware decoder for most codecs, the single board computer is optimal for Kodi. You have to buy accessories (power supply, micro HDMI to HDMI cable, etc), but it works quite well.
LibreELEC is also sufficient as OS for the first time, which makes the setup very easy.
So if you really only want to run Kodi, then that would be my recommendation.
But if you need more apps to run on Android, e.g. Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc then I would recommend an Amazon TV stick. There you can also install and use Kodi without any problems.
It is a nice idea, even if it has not a case, but in my country it costs 209 €. I think it is a lot for a card. Anyway I thank you for your info.
Can't go wrong with the "new" NVIDIA Shield Pro. Just don't get the tube.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2022-09-10, 18:06)FoxADRIANO Wrote: It is a nice idea, even if it has not a case, but in my country it costs 209 €. I think it is a lot for a card. Anyway I thank you for your info.

It's really expensive.
I get them for about 50€-60€ with 4gb ram. But over 200 is really too expensive for it.
(2022-09-10, 18:18)timstephens24 Wrote: Just don't get the tube.
Thanks for your suggestion. What do you mean with that precisely?

EDIT: do you know the difference with 2015 model?
If you want the device for streaming and not gaming then the tube is fine , no need to waste extra money on the pro.
(2022-09-10, 10:10)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Hello,
I used NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro first generation with satisfaction. I liked its interface where it showed all my videos on one page. I think it was a 2015 model. I'll have to buy a new device.
Now I give you some information:
1) I never see videos on the Internet and don't play games. I ONLY use it with a hardrive in which I have a lot of my videos made by myself in 4K (but also in HD).
2) I am interested in high video quality. I use the player with a Sony Bravia 65 "TV.
3) I use Kodi only.
What do you recommend me to buy with a budget of max 220-230 eruo? Would you recommend buying the new NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro or some other model/brand?
Thank you for your precious info.

I am not a Nvidia Shield user but you can't go wrong with the Vero 4K+ units for what you describe as the use case.  If you run a lot of heavy use addons then it might be a little slow but for a normal set of addons and quality streaming at 4K they are great.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-09-10, 18:40)FoxADRIANO Wrote:
(2022-09-10, 18:18)timstephens24 Wrote: Just don't get the tube.
Thanks for your suggestion. What do you mean with that precisely?

EDIT: do you know the difference with 2015 model?
Really the only noticeable difference is the Dolby Vision support and a much better remote.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
I would not recommend the shield if you want to use for kodi only and no streaming. You would be better off with vero 4k type device at half the price. Shield is a great all round device but you can get better pure kodi play back device for cheaper. Shield video processor is still up to par but its cpu is no longer good enough so great for playing back media but it is slow when browsing your kodi media.
Thank you so much for your info.
(2022-09-13, 08:57)DNKK Wrote: but it is slow when browsing your kodi media.
Never had that problem with mine.
(2022-09-13, 11:07)Hitcher Wrote: Never had that problem with mine.

Same here.  Never any problems loading or playing media.  Only a slight slowness with some addons that do a lot of processing but certainly not an issue.  I highly recommend the Vero 4K+ units.  Great value.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Its slow compared to others its still usable but I still wont recommend Shield for people that want a kodi box only as its price is to high. If they want a streaming box + kodi with audio passthrough then Shield is the best device I personally use it for game streaming as well. If audio passthrough is not required than Apple TV is probably the better streaming and kodi playback device now days at similar price. With the demand for graphics cards and processors down I hope Nvidia releases a new hardware version as I would be first in line to buy it. But I am not willing to pay the current asking price for a 7 year old hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro doesn't work anymore. I have to buy a new one. help!0