• 1(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
I can't go into specifics (NDA), but there's been some interest in Aeon - from two parties, no less - that's caused a bit of uncertainty over the last fortnight. Apologies, then, for the lack of recent news. Life happens.

Any screenshots posted here are intended solely to keep you guys ticking over. Some will be more complete than others but all are subject to change. Some might be unrecognisable by the time they're done. All are captured realtime from XBMC - none is just a Photoshop image. And no, we're not accepting feature requests. To recap: this is a new, upcoming version of Aeon. Aeon "Classic" will shortly become a part of the XBMC Skinning Project, for continued development by anyone who feels like it.

All the best.

---

Here's the List view. You'll notice a slight difference in style between this and the Settings screens posted previously. Partly, this is because they were developed after the partnership with theDevil came to an end, so there's a natural deviation. Secondly, I wanted a very precise balance between the backdrop and the window content - certainly more than existed in the original Aeon. I've tested this with dozens of different backdrops; not only is the clarity of the foreground objects improved, but the backdrop is also more visible. An ideal balance, I think. There's still stuff left to do with the colour balance, though, and a few labels to add. Oh, and while you can see where the scrollbar goes, the object isn't in yet.

Every list view has its own integrated coverflow, the animations for which are very nice indeed - much nicer than the old music roller, for sure. Also, all the menu options for each media window are visible at once. This is partly because, for the sake of getting this thing finished, I've stripped out all the experimental features from the first Aeon such as trailer windows and the Adult section. I also plan to revise the way the Movie/TV links work so there are no more shenanigans with bookmarks, etc. I suspect this'll involve having a separate Video section or something.

Movies version

Movies version (example 2)

---

Here's a first look at Aeon's entirely rebuilt Settings area. The first thing to note is the "Virtual Homepage", a fully functioning replica of the normal Home (complete with background switching, RSS etc) that provides an accurate visual reference for much of your customisation. It also acts as the interface for these actions, making for a dramatic improvement in Aeon's user-friendliness. More info below the screen.

So in the above screen, you move about as you would on the main menu - but selection brings up the dialog and browser for picking new backdrops. Then we come to Furniture, which is where you rearrange the Home page as you see fit. Old Aeon experimented with this a bit; new Aeon completes it. So you can now split the Home menu up and move the pieces about entirely through the Virtual Homepage. I've linked to the screenshots below to save space.

Furniture interface

Customised Home page

The last sneak peek is of the new Reset function for Home page settings. Nothing particular to note beyond the changes in how Aeon informs while providing quick, sensible navigation. Or something.

Purge option

---

I was never entirely satisfied with the half-arsed implementation of the tutorials in Aeon, so they're now wholly integrated into the Settings section. Aside from giving Settings a bit more texture than you'd usually expect, it makes it very easy indeed to change the slides or add new ones. Each menu option selected triggers a tutorial set specific to that subsection. The aim isn't to provide advanced settings for veteran XBMC users, but rather a glimpse of its capabilities and options for newcomers and casual observers. Four screens in all, three of which are links. And remember, nothing should be considered final.

Network tutorial example

Aeon tutorial example

Music tutorial example
Stunning as ever, did anyone ever really doubt you? (okay I did a little bit but I can tide myself over aslong as there are gorgeous screenshots like that)
djh, best of luck with the endeavors! Your talent and hard word deserve to be rewarded, and I hope that your work continues to inspire / elevate the products of other skinners and media products!

I hope that you find support to continue pouring time and effort into making what is looking like our community's media browser the most mature option available.

JT
By intrested parties, are you indicating that someone is offering you money or a contract for aeon? I understand you can't go into detail, just wanted to know if we will eventually have to pay for aeon.

Never really doubted you just wanted to stir up the pot a little.
Your selling aeon?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:Your selling aeon?

dude read the whole post Tongue

"Aeon "Classic" will shortly become a part of the XBMC Skinning Project, for continued development by anyone who feels like it."

It's rather becoming more open and free then ever Smile

and the screens is looking good djh as always Smile
@djh: is this version translatable ? if not, please make it.
ibejaminben Wrote:By intrested parties, are you indicating that someone is offering you money or a contract for aeon? I understand you can't go into detail, just wanted to know if we will eventually have to pay for aeon.

Never really doubted you just wanted to stir up the pot a little.

We'll never have to pay for Aeon as long as it's a XBMC-skin.
That's why it's called open-scource. Wink
No, I'm not selling it. It's free and always will be.
Lightbulb 
djh_ Wrote:To recap: this is a new, upcoming version of Aeon. Aeon "Classic" will shortly become a part of the XBMC Skinning Project, for continued development by anyone who feels like it.
Great to hear!, ...however may I suggest that you keep the 'old' Aeon name for the 'classic' and give your new "Stark" skin that you are working on a complete new unique name so that no one will confuse them with each other based on the name.

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Great to hear!, ...however may I suggest that you keep the 'old' Aeon name for the 'classic' and give your new "Stark" skin that you are working on a complete new unique name so that no one will confuse them with each other based on the name.

Wink

Xephyr. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:Xephyr. Wink
I believe Microsoft have copyright on "Xephyr" which is why the name was changed to Aeon in the first place Confused

I suggest "Xhibition", "Xception", or if djh_ got theDevil onboard then ask if it is OK to use the "Fuid" name Wink

djh_ Wrote:And no, we're not accepting feature requests.
I hope you do not take offense if I suggest that you choose a default font that is unicode (and preferably also open source).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
were there more screenshots that were edited out? I only see one screenshot thats all...
I don't understand... you will put the "old" Aeon into SVN that you won't continue working on and focus your work on the "new" one? Does the NDA prohibit you putting both skins into SVN (if the skins are considered as separate, of course)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of your work, but I find the secrecy and other parties involved not very typical for XBMC...
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
WOW.

DJH youv taken your A* skin and made it 1000% more inpressive. you are a visionary of global propotions.

cant wait, creaming myself. ha ha
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3