MPAA rating image
MPAA icons for the Aeon TAJO skin (and others). All of the same quality and size (161x109). 
resource.images.mpaa.white
resource.images.mpaa.coloured

MPAA icons for 23 countries, all relevant.

Thanks @Konon, much appreciated! The size 161x109 is perfect, but I tested with some of the ones you posted and I think that the actual icon should be smaller inside the image, I mean there should be more blank space around the image borders so that it goes well with the rest of the icons, since now they looks slightly big...

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2022-11-08, 14:27)manfeed Wrote: Thanks @Konon, much appreciated! The size 161x109 is perfect, but I tested with some of the ones you posted and I think that the actual icon should be smaller inside the image, I mean there should be more blank space around the image borders so that it goes well with the rest of the icons, since now they looks slightly big...
Hey @manfeed !
I'll do as you say, no problem.
In these icons, the top/bottom margins are indented by 15 pixels. How much indentation should be done so that it is perfect, but at the same time the icon does not look too small?
It depends on the shape of the icon... in this case I would say 27 pixels up and down makes it look good... you surely know how to make them look good with other shapes  Wink Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2022-11-08, 15:37)manfeed Wrote: It depends on the shape of the icon... in this case I would say 27 pixels up and down makes it look good... you surely know how to make them look good with other shapes  Wink Thanks!
Yes, you need to think about it... Probably you need to do this: if the icon is square/rectangular, then -27x2; and if round / triangular, then -25 (23) x2.
I also suggest making MPAA icon identification easier for end users and coding. File name - es_7.png; de_12.png; jp_pg.png, etc., and in the code and NFO file - es: 7, esp: 7; de:12, deu:12; jp:pg, jpn:pg, etc., where the first part is the international country code and the second is the age limit for that country.
I experimented with different options and determined that 23 pixels of padding would be optimal. One more point was discovered: if the icon is larger than 161x109, then the image looks bad, has a stepped outline. This is clearly visible on the audiochannels and audiocodec icons.
Left screenshot MPAA icon 161x109 margin 23 pixels, right screenshot MPAA icon 322x218.
Interested in your opinion @manfeed. How does it look on 4K screens?

Image Image
Image Image
I can't see any visible difference, but I think it must be because they're not native 4k images. If you could send me an icon sample of each size I would test them directly in the skin.
(2022-11-08, 22:11)manfeed Wrote: I can't see any visible difference, but I think it must be because they're not native 4k images. If you could send me an icon sample of each size I would test them directly in the skin.

I can't check how the icons look on a 4K screen, I don't have that option. Icons with a resolution of 322x218 do not look good on a 2K screen, which is why I wonder what they will look like on a 4K screen.
Here are the icons for the test - 161x109 and 322x218.
ImageImage
Here is a good example.
In 4K I can't see any difference, so if you think 161x109 is better for users with 2K screens, then use that resolution. Thanks!

PMFJI, but could these be generalized into a kodi image resource addon?  161x109 is the image size used in Aeon MQ.  Maybe for some reason in the distant past.  But I think these icons could be useful in other skins.

scott s.
(2022-11-10, 00:43)manfeed Wrote: In 4K I can't see any difference, so if you think 161x109 is better for users with 2K screens, then use that resolution. Thanks!
There is also a difference, but here the 322x218 option is preferable, at 161x109 the icon is too blurry.
I can make 2 icon sizes for 161x109 and 322x218. Will you have any difficulties with embedding in the code?
And what size of fields for icons is allocated in pixels for the skin and what is given priority - height or width?

I plan to convert all icons to one standard, not just MPAA.

(2022-11-10, 01:15)scott967 Wrote: PMFJI, but could these be generalized into a kodi image resource addon?  161x109 is the image size used in Aeon MQ.  Maybe for some reason in the distant past.  But I think these icons could be useful in other skins.

scott s.
Most icons migrate from skin to skin anyway, and I don’t know where the standards for their sizes came from. I am for the standard that I am currently trying to find. And why I touched on this topic here, because this is my favorite skin. And if my icons in the future will be included in some kind of common database, I'm all for it!
(2022-11-10, 13:07)Konon Wrote:
(2022-11-10, 00:43)manfeed Wrote: In 4K I can't see any difference, so if you think 161x109 is better for users with 2K screens, then use that resolution. Thanks!
There is also a difference, but here the 322x218 option is preferable, at 161x109 the icon is too blurry.
I can make 2 icon sizes for 161x109 and 322x218. Will you have any difficulties with embedding in the code?
And what size of fields for icons is allocated in pixels for the skin and what is given priority - height or width?

I plan to convert all icons to one standard, not just MPAA.

To be honest, I’m only going to include a single icon set in Aeon Tajo, so no point in making two sizes, you can choose whatever you want. This all started as a chance to add more countries to the MPAA icons and, at the moment, I have no plans of going any further and change other types of icons.
(2022-11-10, 18:48)manfeed Wrote: To be honest, I’m only going to include a single icon set in Aeon Tajo, so no point in making two sizes, you can choose whatever you want. This all started as a chance to add more countries to the MPAA icons and, at the moment, I have no plans of going any further and change other types of icons.
Well, the creation of other icons is still far away, when I do I will show it, then you will decide for yourself whether they are needed or not.  Smile

It seems to me that you need to choose an average size between 161x109 and 322x218 ...
What size of fields for icons is allocated in pixels for the skin and what is given priority - height or width?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA rating image0