Solved Kodi stops playing when playback catches up with the buffered content
I'm using player.play(url) to play videos from scrapped urls. Things work smoothly. However, the buffering is not perfect and the playback can catch up the buffered content from time to time. The problem is kodi will terminate the playback on such occasions. This causes the video to seem to stop almost randomly. The expected behavior should be for the playback to wait for new video streams to arrive, or prompt an error on timeout / network error.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I previously thought it's a 'feature' instead of a 'bug' because the behavior is so easily replicatable (You just use call player.Play(url) and move the cursor beyond the buffer bar and the playback would stop). After seeing your post I checked the log and it says

'CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Requested range was not delivered by the server(33)'
and
'CFileCache:Tonguerocess - <https://URLXXXXXXXXX> source read didn't return any data before eof!'

immediately before the player exits.

My question is: Is there a new request generated by kodi to fetch a new 'range' from the source and failed? Or kodi just sees that the cursor is dropped beyond what's buffered and stops playing?
Turns out the problem was because I used a range request to initiate the player (with a Range= header). Removing this header solved the issue.
Thread marked solved.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops playing when playback catches up with the buffered content0