Moving video files
Hi!

Can someone explain how to move video files to a different drive so that I don't have to rescan, and my watch history will also not be changed?
(2022-12-19, 06:39)Pitman33 Wrote: Can someone explain how to move video files to a different drive so that I don't have to rescan, and my watch history will also not be changed?
Export your library to Separate Files (NFO files)
You should also install Artwork Dump to download the original artwork. Exporting artwork from Kodi gives modified versions of artwork, not the originals.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-12-19, 06:39)Pitman33 Wrote: Hi!

Your fanart cache will be rebuild no matter what as full paths are used for calculating the cache filenames, but...
If you have some SQL database query skills, you can limit the required efforts for moving your collection. If not, the export/import roundabout method is the way to go.
Thanks guys for your input. You can close this thread now.

Happy holidays to you!!
(2022-12-19, 17:36)Pitman33 Wrote: Thanks guys for your input. You can close this thread now.

Just like that, huh, you're leaving the thread with no explanation..? Weird.

BTW, we don't close threads unless it's actually deemed necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving video files0