10 foot interface
Well the 10 foot interface used to be great ! with small TV's now with large TV's we need to get 20' or even 30' option.
Also will base Kodi ever get the Alphabet Search on the side screen ? And no most of us don't use keyboards since most TV's have CEC control remote. My movies are well over 7000 and fast scroll is way to SLOW. Not really looking for SKINs
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Not looking at skins will make finding a solution so much harder.
(2022-12-27, 21:41)Rickt1962 Wrote: we need to get 20' or even 30' option.
Kodi is software, for distance ensure your batteries are up and you have hardware that supports those kind of distances. Perhaps cell phone control?
(2022-12-27, 21:41)Rickt1962 Wrote: Alphabet Search on the side screen
That capability is native (yes I use a remote keyboard) but remapping the keyboard to a remote is possible. A feature request post might gather a bit of interest, should someone offer codes solutions. This feature maybe alive & well in skins, no point in telling you that; if you don't want to look. I personally don't like perusing huge collections, suggest a custom interface for the last 50/100 titles (favourites?) or arranging your interests in nodes & smart playlists according to your desires.
i have posted 10 feet code but no one has used it
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3067569
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365834
Batteries are fine I can change items 30 plus feet away. I was talking about the distance of 10' interface is OLD with large TV's no one sits 10' away anymore. When you are 20 to 30' away need to be able to adjust the FONTs and Addons to larger. When I am reading my movies info I shouldn't need to get up and get closer to read it. And yes I have 20/20 vision.

The need for alphabet on the side for an option in scrolling. Most users don't want a Keyboard or Keyboard remote or Mapping Keys. With most TV's having CEC control using a Raspberry is perfect.  Been at this since WMC days for all rooms. I like XBMC since I can use apps like Ember Media Center to control Posters and correct nfo Started out using the scrappers with a couple of hundred movies and finding out its not 100% So anything added to my Library goes through me with Ember. 

Tried Plex and saw the Alphabet for scrolling very nice and fast since I have a Library with over 7000 movie titles . But for instance I have all the Movies series of Blondie from the 1930's and PLEX butchered it. Since Plex doesn't use nfos and so many other movie titles with wrong posters.

Also have 2 HDhomerun Primes with Comcast Cable card using MCE 6 tuners for the past 10 plus years also with Antenna. Than scanned by MCEBuddy and moved to my network Automatically. With over 800 TV shows and tens of thousands of episodes Plex shows 400. So back to KODI where I can control everything and having 2 setups one home with Internet the other a Vacation home with no Internet so PLEX does NOT work.

This is why I am asking
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
If you want everything on the screen to be giant to see from a distance edit the skin addon.xml to your preference.

<res width="1280" height="720" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />

This makes it better for people who complain about the price of cheese and how young people's music is too loud.
(2022-12-30, 16:53)Rickt1962 Wrote: I was talking about the distance of 10' interface is OLD with large TV's no one sits 10' away anymore. When you are 20 to 30' away need to be able to adjust the FONTs and Addons to larger.
How big are peoples living rooms? You'd need 100"+ screen to watch anything 20-30 feet away!
(2022-12-30, 16:53)Rickt1962 Wrote: movies info I shouldn't need to get up and get closer to read it
The skin Aeon Nox blows up the text to full screen/dark background on click (readable from the other side of any room); some skins views have a side-scroll gadget that is way better than an alphabet scroll.
(2022-12-30, 16:53)Rickt1962 Wrote: Batteries are fine I can change items 30 plus feet away. I was talking about the distance of 10' interface is OLD with large TV's no one sits 10' away anymore. When you are 20 to 30' away need to be able to adjust the FONTs and Addons to larger. When I am reading my movies info I shouldn't need to get up and get closer to read it. And yes I have 20/20 vision.

The need for alphabet on the side for an option in scrolling. Most users don't want a Keyboard or Keyboard remote or Mapping Keys. With most TV's having CEC control using a Raspberry is perfect.  Been at this since WMC days for all rooms. I like XBMC since I can use apps like Ember Media Center to control Posters and correct nfo Started out using the scrappers with a couple of hundred movies and finding out its not 100% So anything added to my Library goes through me with Ember. 

Tried Plex and saw the Alphabet for scrolling very nice and fast since I have a Library with over 7000 movie titles . But for instance I have all the Movies series of Blondie from the 1930's and PLEX butchered it. Since Plex doesn't use nfos and so many other movie titles with wrong posters.

Also have 2 HDhomerun Primes with Comcast Cable card using MCE 6 tuners for the past 10 plus years also with Antenna. Than scanned by MCEBuddy and moved to my network Automatically. With over 800 TV shows and tens of thousands of episodes Plex shows 400. So back to KODI where I can control everything and having 2 setups one home with Internet the other a Vacation home with no Internet so PLEX does NOT work.

This is why I am asking

Since Plex didn't work for you, you might want to look at Mezzmo instead.  No limit on TV shows, no Internet needed, NFOs supported (but not required), seamless integration with Kodi (works with all skins and has view setting override options for specific media types), you can choose your poster and fanart sizes, centralized artwork hosting, metadata locking to make updates permanent and more.  Here's a link to my setup and the Mezzmo Kodi addon .  Native and GUI mode supported in the same addon (Plex has separate addons for native and GUI modes) plus many many more features.  I've got 3 HD Homerun OTA tuners hooked up to my setup.  Mezzmo checks every 2 minutes for new shows and once imported into Mezzmo, they automatically sync with Kodi clients. 

Happy to answer questions. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-12-31, 01:25)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-12-30, 16:53)Rickt1962 Wrote: Batteries are fine I can change items 30 plus feet away. I was talking about the distance of 10' interface is OLD with large TV's no one sits 10' away anymore. When you are 20 to 30' away need to be able to adjust the FONTs and Addons to larger. When I am reading my movies info I shouldn't need to get up and get closer to read it. And yes I have 20/20 vision.

This is why I am asking

Since Plex didn't work for you, you might want to look at Mezzmo instead.  No limit on TV shows, no Internet needed, NFOs supported (but not required), seamless integration with Kodi (works with all skins and has view setting override options for specific media types), you can choose your poster and fanart sizes, centralized artwork hosting, metadata locking to make updates permanent and more.  Here's a link to my setup and the Mezzmo Kodi addon .  Native and GUI mode supported in the same addon (Plex has separate addons for native and GUI modes) plus many many more features.  I've got 3 HD Homerun OTA tuners hooked up to my setup.  Mezzmo checks every 2 minutes for new shows and once imported into Mezzmo, they automatically sync with Kodi clients. 

Happy to answer questions. 

Jeff

Does Mezzmo come with smart tv addons ? or can it be side loaded ?
(2022-12-30, 18:41)Hitcher Wrote:
(2022-12-30, 16:53)Rickt1962 Wrote: I was talking about the distance of 10' interface is OLD with large TV's no one sits 10' away anymore. When you are 20 to 30' away need to be able to adjust the FONTs and Addons to larger.
How big are peoples living rooms? You'd need 100"+ screen to watch anything 20-30 feet away!

LOL well yep my Family Room and Living Room and Dining Room is 720 sqft with no walls so yea its very large screen Samsung 85"
(2023-01-02, 16:50)Rickt1962 Wrote: Does Mezzmo come with smart tv addons ? or can it be side loaded ?

I believe it does have a few Smart TV apps but I know it doesn't support Tizen on Samsung.  Only a few 3rd parties are developing for Tizen.  I think Samsung missed the mark on that.  Mezzmo has a Samsung app for older non-Tizen models and any Smart TV with a DLNA client can leverage Mezzmo.  Samsung's Allshare is an example.  The problem with these Smart and native apps is they often are very limited in size of a library they will support and lacking in features and metadata.

Here's a link to Mezzmo's site with app support.  I've used their Roku app and I regularly use their Android app but I mostly use Kodi and the Mezzmo Kodi addon as a client.  Kodi is, IMHO, the best client around due to flexibility, codec support and features.  It is for those reasons and others that I donate so much of my time maintain the Mezzmo Kodi addon. 

For my Smart TVs I use Kodi clients on all of them for the consistent user experience, features and performance.  The Mezzmo Kodi addon makes it 0 time to maintain them.  I use a combination of Intel NUCs, Vero 4K+ and Raspberry Pi 4s running Kodi for all my TVs.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-01-02, 19:48)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-01-02, 16:50)Rickt1962 Wrote: Does Mezzmo come with smart tv addons ? or can it be side loaded ?

I believe it does have a few Smart TV apps but I know it doesn't support Tizen on Samsung.  Only a few 3rd parties are developing for Tizen.  I think Samsung missed the mark on that.  Mezzmo has a Samsung app for older non-Tizen models and any Smart TV with a DLNA client can leverage Mezzmo.  Samsung's Allshare is an example.  The problem with these Smart and native apps is they often are very limited in size of a library they will support and lacking in features and metadata.

Here's a link to Mezzmo's site with app support.  I've used their Roku app and I regularly use their Android app but I mostly use Kodi and the Mezzmo Kodi addon as a client.  Kodi is, IMHO, the best client around due to flexibility, codec support and features.  It is for those reasons and others that I donate so much of my time maintain the Mezzmo Kodi addon. 

For my Smart TVs I use Kodi clients on all of them for the consistent user experience, features and performance.  The Mezzmo Kodi addon makes it 0 time to maintain them.  I use a combination of Intel NUCs, Vero 4K+ and Raspberry Pi 4s running Kodi for all my TVs.

Thanks,

Jeff
Thank you thats what I was wondering. My KODI on Raspberry uses 17G on SD card with another 33M for boot. But PLEX is such a BULL MOOSE about not using nfo's Damn not near impossible to control new media being scanned in.
(2023-01-02, 21:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: Thank you thats what I was wondering. My KODI on Raspberry uses 17G on SD card with another 33M for boot. But PLEX is such a BULL MOOSE about not using nfo's Damn not near impossible to control new media being scanned in.

Those are non-issues with Mezzmo.  You can choose to use NFO files or not.  Mezzmo also supports series.xml, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg files and more.  Regardless they never get to Kodi as part of paths, file structures etc.  All master artwork, XML files and NFO files are stored on the Mezzmo server and you can control the size / resolution of images which are being served to Kodi.   The addon allows you to control caching .  By default the addon forces cache checking every 30 minutes to avoid stale  content.  Since the artwork is served locally from Mezzmo, this isn't a big deal or performance issue.  I find it actually improves performance over local Kodi artwork.

Here's a link to managing your library with Mezzmo.  It's GUI based library manager is far superior to what Plex offers (in my opinion) and things like bulk updates are simple, a well as moving content and expanding storage..  I think it's metadata editor is on par with Ember and similar.  With Mezzmo my Kodi library and cached artwork is round 900Meg (including addons, database files etc..).  This is for 18K+ library items.  The addon addon has a performance tracker in GUI mode so you can see / track how fast content is being served to your clients.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-01-02, 21:51)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-01-02, 21:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: Thank you thats what I was wondering. My KODI on Raspberry uses 17G on SD card with another 33M for boot. But PLEX is such a BULL MOOSE about not using nfo's Damn not near impossible to control new media being scanned in.

Those are non-issues with Mezzmo.  You can choose to use NFO files or not.  Mezzmo also supports series.xml, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg files and more.  Regardless they never get to Kodi as part of paths, file structures etc.  All master artwork, XML files and NFO files are stored on the Mezzmo server and you can control the size / resolution of images which are being served to Kodi.   The addon allows you to control caching .  By default the addon forces cache checking every 30 minutes to avoid stale  content.  Since the artwork is served locally from Mezzmo, this isn't a big deal or performance issue.  I find it actually improves performance over local Kodi artwork.

Here's a link to managing your library with Mezzmo.  It's GUI based library manager is far superior to what Plex offers (in my opinion) and things like bulk updates are simple, a well as moving content and expanding storage..  I think it's metadata editor is on par with Ember and similar.  With Mezzmo my Kodi library and cached artwork is round 900Meg (including addons, database files etc..).  This is for 18K+ library items.  The addon addon has a performance tracker in GUI mode so you can see / track how fast content is being served to your clients.

Thanks,

Jeff

Great ! I know KODI has away to store locate the poster/nfo file on the network. But it doesn't come with that as a option you have go through Riger-O-More ! LOL So I will be playing with Mezzmo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10 foot interface0