v20 Problematic Kodi 20.0 update
Hi,

I got several Nvidia Shield with Kodi that is connected to a Windows Server with MySQL. While starting up one of the shields I notice it had updated kodi, when starting something, something happened and now it seems like it's stuck(frozen).

The log says this : 

Code:
2023-01-20 19:24:28.895 T:5298     info <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 8.0.25
2023-01-20 19:24:28.902 T:5298    error <general>: SQL: [MyVideos121] The table does not exist
                                                   Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

2023-01-20 19:24:28.913 T:5298    error <general>: Process error processing job 

After checking the MySQL database I can see that myvideos121 do exists but there is only 2 tables.

So is it safe to remove myvideos121 and it will try to update\create the database again?

Regards
Yes, drop the latest table and on next run Kodi will do the upgrade from your previous v19 tables.
Same problem here...
Seems that conversion from myvideos119 to myvideos121 doesn't work.
There are only the tables "db.opt" and "actor.ibd" in myvideos121.
This happens under Android (Google Chromecast TV) and Windows 10.
MariaDB is running on Win 10 Fileserver.
Removing myvideos121 and restart or uninstall/install Kodi 20 -> no change.
Going back to Kodi 19.x -> everything works fine...

Regards

Kaa60
This worked for me:

I've made the mistake to stop MariaDB manually and then delete manually the faulty MyVideos121 folder.
This will not work.
After reading a lot about kodi.logs and database-errors I later used the tool HeidiSQL to delete the MyVideos121 database.
This seems to be the correct way.
Next time Kodi 20 started, the database migration worked and Kodi 20 is now running fine.

- I also updated MariaDB to version 10.11.1 but this might not have been the point...

Regards

Kaa60
(2023-01-21, 12:43)Kaa60 Wrote: This seems to be the correct way.
Any way that works is fine, either via the command line or via a GUI tool.
It is just strange that the initial update goes wrong in various cases, with me the 2nd attempt was working (on MySQL 8.0.31).

(2023-01-20, 20:50)snowjim Wrote: 2023-01-20 19:24:28.895 T:5298     info <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 8.0.25
No intention of updating MySQL? (just wondering)
(2023-01-21, 12:50)Klojum Wrote: It is just strange that the initial update goes wrong in various cases, with me the 2nd attempt was working (on MySQL 8.0.31).

It would be good to see a debug log of an upgrade going wrong, but I think people have only posted logs after the fact.  Unless you have spied one on your travels around the board?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-01-21, 13:02)black_eagle Wrote: It would be good to see a debug log of an upgrade going wrong

Yeah... You know how such things can go late at night, with your eyes half closed... Sleepy
But I did notice the views were not being created.

I could backup/rename the current 121 db, and give the upgrade another try. Backups first...
Also, I'm not ruling out some type of Kodi profiles intervention. I have 4 profiles (master plus 3) on my main setup.
Master does not use a MySQL connection, the others do.
In my case I clicked Kodi and notice that it was suddenly a new version that needed updating which stated right away. I'm using a logitech remote and somehow I clicked exit to main menu almost instantly, the second time I started the upgrade did not show and it just froze. 

I have read a couple of other posts that had similar problem but I do not know if it was the same reason. If dev would want to make it a bit safer I would suggest : Active Dialog that explains new version and that a critical migration needs to be done and that you need to accept. Much like much other software, specially firmwares. You can probably argue why it is not needed but It would have saved me a couple of hours.

I don't work with MySQL anymore and don't really like it but I have to use it for Kodi. I have had a lot of problems with MySQL both as a dev and with kodi, last time I installed MySQL I had to reinstall it because something something with incompatible versions and backups. Lost data several times over the years, something that are more or less impossible in for example MS SQL. I'm sure that MySQL works great if you use it exactly as intended but you need to invest more time to do that. So, is there a real reason to why I need to update my MySQL? And is it 100% safe? No data loss? If so, what version are you suggesting?
(2023-01-21, 17:48)snowjim Wrote: So, is there a real reason to why I need to update my MySQL?
Kodi Nexus will need to update the previous video and/or music databases.
Not sure which MySQL server version you are currently using, or if it needs updating.

(2023-01-21, 17:48)snowjim Wrote: And is it 100% safe?
If you want/need a promise of 100% safety in computing from us, we cannot give you that.
Both my Kodi instances on my 2 Shield Pros updated yesterday. I run my DBs (video and music) on a Synology NAS using MariaDB. Everything migrated without a hitch. I’ll run it for a few days to make sure everything is good and then delete the old DBs.
Hmm, I just looked at my DB's and I do have a migrated video DB (kodi_video121) plus the old video DB (kodi_video119) but I only have 1 music DB (kodi_music82). Everything seems to be working so does that mean the music DB does not need to be migrated?
(2023-01-21, 20:39)wags1 Wrote: but I only have 1 music DB (kodi_music82). Everything seems to be working so does that mean the music DB does not need to be migrated?

Yeah, there were no changes on the music side of things that warranted a db bump.  Therefore the db version is the same for v20 as it was for v19.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-01-21, 20:47)black_eagle Wrote:
(2023-01-21, 20:39)wags1 Wrote: but I only have 1 music DB (kodi_music82). Everything seems to be working so does that mean the music DB does not need to be migrated?

Yeah, there were no changes on the music side of things that warranted a db bump.  Therefore the db version is the same for v20 as it was for v19.

Makes sense, thanks.
I just got the 20 update on my Shield and I had the menus using jpg as background images but now the folder that contains the jpg backgrounds shows empty and no backgrounds show on the menus.  Anyone else having this?
missing files on v20 android? look up at the giant blue banner at the top of the page ^^^
if you already have it would be useful to note it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problematic Kodi 20.0 update0