Req Info Display
Love this skin...it has almost everything I want.

With the info button when watching an episode, can we get into the actors and see what else they have been on, etc? I saw this in a different skin previously. Thanks in advance.
(2023-01-30, 10:30)mystik Wrote: Love this skin...it has almost everything I want.

With the info button when watching an episode, can we get into the actors and see what else they have been on, etc? I saw this in a different skin previously. Thanks in advance.

That depends on what you mean by "when watching an episode" and what you expect to see.

If you go into the video info dialog for the episode (or show or movie) from the navigation screens, and go to the cast tab, you can click on an actor and it will search your library for other media you've indexed into your library that the actor is in.  The Kodi database itself does not currently store any actor data beyond just the name, a thumbnail, and mappings of what movies/shows in your library they are in.

There is also the script.extended.info plugin (currently broken in the kodi repo) that if installed, adds an option on the video info screen "more" tab/button which opens the show/movie with data from TheMovieDB, from which you can browse around everything about the shows and actors by navigating data in theMovieDB (eg, not your local library, so makes a request to themoviedb.org to fetch everything).  But like I said, the extendedinfo plugin is currently broken, in that none of the links it generates currently work, unless you manually edit the addon's python code to fix it.

There is a Mimic Beta available on the beta repo that also adds support to browse TheMovieDB via the script.embuaryinfo plugin, but in that case the EmbuaryInfo plugin appears to have a memory leak. Every time you browse to something, the used memory in kodi goes up a bit, and does not get returned when you exit back.... so it doesn't take long until it crashes Kodi with an out-of-memory error (especially on many kodi set-top boxes, which often have fairly low memory available)  It looks and browses good, but always crashes kodi either very quickly (on my set-top box) or after a little while (like on my hefty server with ton's of memory...  kodi has no business trying to suck up 32G of memory...)

Hopefully, at some point one (or both) of those plugins get fixed and be practical to use.

If you are refering to bringing up something on the OSD pop-up while playing a video, I'm not even sure what that would look like.  

And if you are referring to episodes on PVR, I've seen very few guide data sources that even bother to list the actors, and (more often then not) are hit or miss if the show title even matches what's in the theMovieDB well enough to make an accurate guess at the show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info Display0