Solved Kodi v20 - seek/progress bar (at the top of the screen) no longer displays
Since upgrading to V20 I can no longer get the seek/progress bar to display when I skip forward or backwards.

I posted in the Kodi/Android thread and was directed to check here. Is this a (known) Confluence issue?
After a little digging I wonder if it might be related to this:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371703

specifically the removal of "Player.DisplayAfterSeek" in Kodi 20.
Yes, I've fixed it. The fix is to edit skin.confluence/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml and replace "Player.DisplayAfterSeek" in the file with "Player.HasPerformedSeek(3)".
right on and thanks for following up with your fix
Thread marked solved.
This has been driving me nuts since day 0. Thank you for posting the solution.
I've submitted a PR to the Confluence Repo for this and other Nexus related fixes (fix video calibration, add the colour choosing dialogue to get the new subtitles stuff working etc) - but there's been no response to that.  Not sure that anyone on Team Kodi is still using Confluence?

See:
https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/pull/194
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bossanova808 just to acknowledge the PR has been seen, so thank you for that.

Since Estuary became the default skin hitcher, gade and myself have all helped out at various stages to keep Confluence alive, however none of us use Confluence ourselves and at the moment none of us have the time to spend doing much with Confluence. We will try and get the PR reviewed and merged to get at least get Confluence fully working on v20 for users.
No worries.  It's hardly surprising I guess, given it's now years since Estuary came along.  But I just want a basic, fast skin - and one without all clutter and covers falling off the side shenanigans of Estuary, so I persist (...and of course it's nostalgia/retro cool at this point!).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I'm completely a noob. Been looking for weeks for an answer. I stumbled across this, but my situation: this exact same thing is happening, but on my kodi app on my Amazon firestick. I've used all different searches on Google, and nothing has come even close. Most are how to stop buffering issues.

Any help?

Thanks!
Well, the PR mentioned above with the fixes for this, and a few other things, was merged into Confluence master just a couple of hours ago.

Hopefully this means a new release of Confluence for Nexus, with the fixes, won't be too far away.  You can go to the git repo, grab the changes, and that them to your local install, but realistically if you're 'completely a noob' as you put it, that might be a bit challenging.
So I have to say something about this Estuary.
I hate it, i hate it, i hate it!
Who uses it anyway?! The icons are way too big, no reasonable menu presentation at all, it's confusing and messy and it looks ugly. And this "last/recently seen", I can't even get rid of it.
Why didn't you just leave it at Confluence? It looks pretty, Confluence is logically structured and most closely resembles the menu navigation of DVD players. Every time I install Kodi, the very first thing I do is swap that headache-inducing Estuary for Confluence. And now with KODI 19/20, it's not even maintained anymore. Had I met Kodi with this Estuary skin first, I would never have used it further.

Sorry for ranting about it like that. But that had to be said. I hope I'm not alone with this
Not sure this is the right place for an Estuary rant (...in a very specific Confluence support thread).  And the tone is perhaps not _super_ constructive.

But can't say I disagree - Estuary was & is a very substantial step backwards for Kodi.  It's such a shame it's the thing that always get screen-shotted for Kodi, and that it's people's first introduction to the app.  Visually it's just a disaster - a cluttered mess that often makes it harder to find what you want.   The Home screen is pretty much a textbook example of how to overwhelm people with a user interface - every menu item results in a new cluttered mess of posters/icons, varying significantly by section so you never know what you're looking at unless you're very used to us all, and _never_ managing to fit things nicely on screen.  

The whole visual design language was very much of that brief era - teal, and flat, to the point of boring.  Confluence was OOT with the glass effects etc, but at least it gave you a real sense of going in and out of things, that there was some sort of hierarchy and depth to the process - it made navigation within a large and complex app. a lot simpler.  Estuary...does not.  

Funnily enough, Estuary was actually a little better earlier in its development.  I may be mis-remembering, but if memory serves, it really went off the rails when it got re-designed (some time during the pre-releases/betas) to be more 'liquid' - i.e. to cope with disparate display formats (so not just 16:9, but 21:9 etc).  This is when it moved from a relatively clean approach (still seen in the considerably better Estouchy) - where the various posters/icons were at least cleanly on each page - to the current 'everything cut off everywhere' approach that is the root of much of its immediate ugliness.

There are definitely some good bits in Estuary, too, though - functionality improvements, anyway, despite the visual mess.  And Confluence, whilst clearly better, isn't perfect either.  And the code base for Confluence is very old at this point, not taking advantage of all sorts of new and more efficient ways of doing things that have come along.

But one really does have to wonder why,at the time, building on the excellent (simple and clean) base & ethos of Confluence - i.e. improving and visually modernising that, even a re-write to take advantage of the new skin developments - wasn't the chosen way forward.  Had Confluence been modernised in terms of textures & backgrounds (no bubbles etc!) - and re-designed all the way up to 4K - but otherwise mostly kept as is in terms of structure/views/layout, and at least some of the visual language and feel - Kodi would be a whole lot more attractive at this point.  I have this vague hope that one day Kodi will acknowledge its inherently retro heart and return to something like that as the new default.  But I'm not holding my breath.  I was rather hoping V20 would bring with it the inevitable death of Estuary...

Of course, skin development is a massive amount of effort.  So it's easy to talk, much much hard to make one.  But yep, Estuary was not a good move for Kodi.
I saw that the pull request was accepted five months ago in the repo.  How long does it typically take to get that into the official kodi repo? (or does it not?).  Landed here because updated my whole network of devices to Kodi 20, and was noticing this behaviour.
NVM just downloaded the master and manually updated.
Running since XBMP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v20 - seek/progress bar (at the top of the screen) no longer displays0