Solved Fedora Flatpak Kodi v20 empty home screen
Hello,
I just started using Kodi, I've been using it since January 5th. Everything was fine until the update. I updated the code on January 15th. When I open the code, the main screen is empty, only tiles appear. when I press the right direction key, it does not switch to the right side. Here is what I did myself, debug logs and my screen recording;

Fedora 37 x86_64
Installed with Flatpak

• I deleted, reinstalled.
  • I deleted the db (Addons33.db etc.) files.
  • I deleted addons and userdata folders.

kodi.log is below:
https://paste.kodi.tv/opotoxewol.kodi

screen recording:
https://webmshare.com/play/XmWRo

English is not my native language,please excuse typing errors.
Thanks for your attention.
some notes

1. your log isnt informative because debug wasnt enabled
2. see line 2 of the that log where it says the version and note the text "dirty", this means it was modified after pulling from github and before compilation i.e. not actually clean team kodi code
3. team kodi doesnt release flatpaks
4. team kodi doesnt support fedora - not officially, but general help can be applied in most situations
5. based on your video the skin is messed up, see 2)
6. if the skin is not messed up then its a video issue, see 1), 2) and 4)

now what you do with these notes is completely up to you
You are actually incorrect about the 3rd point. The Flatpak deployed via flathub is maintained by @Razze
my mistake, thanks for the correction @Fuzzard
Thank you for your reply.
  1. I updated my debug log, sorry, I was not aware of this because I am a beginner (I have 10 days of experience). But now I have learned this. In debug mode, in the upper left corner there is the location of the file and the processor information.
  2.  I don't know if it could be because I downloaded it from Flatpak.
  3. I think it looks like that because it is webm format

My correct debug file:
My screenshots:

Thank you for your attention.
Yours sincerely
yes that is much more informative, thank you

as suspected there appears to be something wrong with the skin, your log is peppered with "could not find texture" which means the skin could not find its images

going from your log, the location to your setup is /app/lib/kodi/addons
under that folder you should find "skin.estuary", to check if there are missing texture files look under there at the "media" folder, you should see 3 files "curial.xbt" "flat.xbt" "Textures.xbt"

the full paths to verify should be "/app/lib/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/media/" on your system based on the log

now, if these 3 files DO exist there is a different problem above my ability

if they DO NOT exist then the install did not put them there like it was supposed to and the install is likely broken and the best option would be to get a new install so there's no more surprises later on, but, you could try to reinstall just the skin
Hello everyone,

I solved the problem, it was the language pack.
  1. I did what @jepsizofye  suggested, all the files were there(9. pic.).
  2. I checked the comments on Gnome softwares and other users had the same problem(10.-11. pic.).
  3. I chose the system language as English, I downloaded the Turkish language pack.
  4. I changed the uppercase locale value to lowercase in the addon.xml and langinfo.xml files in the language pack and the problem is fixed, I hope the developers will find a solution.
  5. Again I chose Turkish as the system language.
Debug file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/banejemiju.kodi

I looked at the original and a few language packs without this problem (8. pic.). hopefully this bug will be fixed.

1. Image
  2. Image
  3. Image
  5. Image
  6. Image
  7. Image
  8. Image
  9. Image
  10. Image
  11. Image

Thank you for your help;
@jepsizofye,@Fuzzard
Yours sincerely
happy to help, glad you fixed it
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fedora Flatpak Kodi v20 empty home screen0