• 5(current)
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
I would like to see the movie wall view get refined. with posters just stuck together things look to plain. they would look great with some space in between then and maybe keep them in the dvd case all the time on the wall?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Looks very nice!

Just double checking... it is a stand alone skin? not a theme I mean....

Like very much these words in the readme file "Optimized for XBOX" your a STAR! Wink
onesojourner Wrote:I would like to see the movie wall view get refined. with posters just stuck together things look to plain. they would look great with some space in between then and maybe keep them in the dvd case all the time on the wall?

Having space between movies defeats the purpose of a "wall" view. You are talking about a panel view which is already available in many skins. Cheers.
Horizonz looks great! Thanks for taking the time to put together this mod!

There's one thing that's been missing from Aeon that is also missing in Horizonz, though. In Files mode in Movies, in the context menu under Set Content, there should be a Settings button to configure the scraper. It's nice to be able to set what information is grabbed from the scraper. By default, not every option is checked off. After doing a totally clean install after the last Aeon update, a bunch of information was missing for my rebuilt library and I couldn't figure out why. I eventually remembered that there was a way to configure the IMDb scraper. Going back to PM3, I re-discovered the Settings button and was able to fix it.

Also, this is really minor, but I figured I'd mention it. In vanilla Aeon, when you're in Library mode in Movies, the year is listed in parentheses after the movie title. I like this but Horizonz doesn't do it. Maybe it's intentional?

Thanks again for all of the work here! Great mod!
CASHMON3Y Wrote:When I add sources on the windows version of XBMC with this the file browser goes behind the sources adder.

thanks for pointing that out... that's an old bug from the aeon days... i'll sort it out for the next release... that'll be out when i have time to sort some stuff out... l8r
idlerobbo Wrote:is there a way to have the movies background display on library mode if there is no fan art rather than the grey background?

Sorry if its my config that's at fault...

great work - some nice mods.

yeah... i'll look into that when i have time... there'll be a release in awhile with a few things sorted out... sure thing, don't really use file view so i'll look into adding some of the other views to it to...
rudeboyx Wrote:nice work xb2iris

just a couple of questions.can we get the wide banner view back For TV Shows + Games?
any chance of the new additional music views in file mode?
game saves screen lists no items
and any chance of games and emulators fanart?
ie
FORZA (gamefolder)
+-default.xbe
+-fanart.jpg

is it not just file mode? would it work? or is it not possible untill implimented in XBMC

anyhow awsome work , thanks

will put a banner view in there... no idea which view i'll change to put it in put, it'll get in there somehow i'm sure... only when the next release comes along, so hang in there for awhile

no fanart for games for now i believe... thats an xbmc request, nothing to do with this mod
Slipx Wrote:I am having the same problem, but only for showcase and info views. Showcase view gives me a grey background even though I have setup my movies background folder correctly. The info view just gives me a black screen as background. Other than that nice work!

i know... thats just personal preference... i did make this mod for myself, but people are liking it, so may as well do a few things for the community... will release an update when i get time to mod my mod... so just hang in there for a while... file mode's never been my bag of chips... but i'll do something about it...
rudeboyx Wrote:also - Hide Watched Videos button missing in video library

will sort that out for the next release, thanks for mentioning it... so just hang in there
midgetspy Wrote:Yeah I'm having the same issues with the black and grey backgrounds when I'm in my library.

The Info view is amazing though, it's exactly what has always been missing from Aeon (and the only reason I've never used it until now). Great job on the mod, once backgrounds are working in Info/Showcase views it will be pretty much perfect IMO!

thanks dude... kinda like the fact that there's a single background instead of changing backdrops for the showcase... brings out the fanart more... but you don't use movie fanart or whatHuh or do you just want backdrops to cycle behind fanart...?
xbmc.01 Wrote:I'm having a strange issue... i can't figure out why this is happening... when i'm in showcase view for movies, and i pause on a movie the movie info comes up but the cover art stays in the same place... it doesn't move to the left of the screen... what's going now?

Image Image

xbmc.01... that's an old aeon bug... showcase doesn't do well with info screens on the xbox... but what's happening to know is weird... that isn't happening on all my mates xbox's using this mod... and i don't think it's a memory issue either...

i know, that when u push the info button... weird things like that happens... but not when that button isn't pressed... does it happen every time u pause on a movie? does it happen in tv shows as well?
idlerobbo Wrote:glad it's not just me then! If this was sorted it would be my default skin. Oh and the view when you pause a movie displaying the dvd cover in the middle rather than the side (this also happens to me when I view a tv show in showcase - i.e. the whole series dvd - the dvd cover does not move to the side it stays in the middle)

that may be a bug... my mates xbox systems and all the systems ive used, don't do that... but maybe there's something in the code i changed by mistake or something... i'll try to get it sorted... but if i can't, well... what can i do... only two people with the issue... and i'm really not sure... because it's working fine on other systems... well... i'll check it out
when i get time
midgetspy Wrote:Hmm after using this for a while tonight I found a few problems:

- when playing a video, pressing menu gives no way to get into audio options (to change subtitles). This is a big deal because half the time English subs turn on for no reason when I open a movie and I need to turn them off. Is there a way to get the audio menu?
- the button that usually brings up that bar across the top that lists all the debug info (dropped frames, fps, bitrate, etc.) does nothing. Is it possible to get that debug info to show like in PMIII? It's handy to figure out if a video is dropping frames or not (which is unfortunately common in XBMC for me).

Are those 2 things just mapped to different buttons by default? I'm using a remote and the buttons that I use for those things in PMIII don't work (but I can remap them if I know what to set it to).

Thanks,

Nic

i'll try to sort the audio options out... maybe put the option to switch to it when u load the video options up... i never use it, so i left it out... don't think it was working in the old aeon, but i may be mistaken... so, i'll see if i can sort that out for the next release...

the debug info wasn't skinned... i'll see if i can sort that out as well... no idea... haven't thought about it, but i'll check if i can figure it out for u...
digitalhigh Wrote:Am I wrong, or does the cd cover view not work in file mode? Any way of changing this?

which view is this? i didn't call anything cd cover view... let me know, and i may put it in the next release
Competes2win Wrote:Same thing happens to me, both with this mod and the regular AEON. I'm running plex... but since it happens in the regular AEON i dunno what can be done about it.

that's saying it... never heard of this issue... but if it's an old aeon issue... i have no idea what to do to sort it out... and i've never come across it before... i'll take a look anyhow...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread4