KODI UWP using too much memory on Windows/Xbox
Hi,
using a fresh install (nothing else added or touched) on Windows 10 and Xbox Series X, doesn't matter if it's the latest version on the windows store (retail mode for Xbox) or if it's the most recent nightly build (on the pic, tested in dev mode on the Xbox) KODI starts and doesn't go below of 90% used of available (4GB) RAM; On other platforms, RPi4, for instance, starts and runs with around 500MB of RAM.

I don't find it normal, any thoughts/info on this?

Regards,
chapas

that page in the screenshot of kodi is "total system usage" not kodi's usage, you need to use a process manager to show kodi's usage

comparing linux on a raspberry pi to windows on anything to xbox isnt even a real comparison in total memory usage, getting windows to use less than 1.5GB is an act of god while linux would be happy to run at 256MB

check windows task manager for kodi's usage on windows
in raspberry you can use "top" in a console (assuming it's installed)
no clue what process manager xbox has
Ok, thanks for the explanation, I get it, but now I'm stuck with another question Smile
Why would I like to see the total system memory inside kodi and not just what the kodi process is taking?!? Oh well....
(2023-03-08, 23:06)chapas Wrote: Ok, thanks for the explanation, I get it, but now I'm stuck with another question Smile
Why would I like to see the total system memory inside kodi and not just what the kodi process is taking?!? Oh well....

the answer to this is... nerds like it, i guess.

a lot of systems use kodi as a standalone, nothing else to report system information would be available except for console and for some opening a console just to see this would be annoying.

but, look where it is, up in the left corner it does actually indicate what it's for: "System Information" Wink
Damn, and I thought I was pushing it when I had my old HTPC that only had 8GB of RAM. Didn't think anyone would try to run modern Windows on 4GB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI UWP using too much memory on Windows/Xbox0