Found another Android Media Player worth a second look.
Purchased a TOX3 Android TV box to run CoreELEC (Amlogic S905X4), but had problems playing the VC-1 video codec.  In the process of diagnosing the issue, I started swapping firmware's (my hobby).  Last one installed was the Slimbox ATV mod.  Amazingly, that ROM allows the HD audio codecs to play and it supports automatic framerate and resolution switching.  Such an amazing job, wished to share the video here.  Also, it is a sub $60 USD device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZH38mq-aA
That actually looks pretty good.
We need some kinda database with these cheapo s905x4 boxes with firmwares and coreelec compatibility for users to navigate. For the price and feature set they appear atleast to be unbeatable. With some much junk and bait and switch scams on aliexpress it's hard to know which one to get.
(2023-04-01, 21:12)calev Wrote: We need some kinda database with these cheapo s905x4 boxes with firmwares and coreelec compatibility for users to navigate. For the price and feature set they appear atleast to be unbeatable. With some much junk and bait and switch scams on aliexpress it's hard to know which one to get.

Are you saying that they are like a box of Chocolates??
(2023-04-01, 21:12)calev Wrote: We need some kinda database with these cheapo s905x4 boxes with firmwares and coreelec compatibility for users to navigate. For the price and feature set they appear atleast to be unbeatable. With some much junk and bait and switch scams on aliexpress it's hard to know which one to get.

i like the idea of a spreadsheet format of android boxes

have a column for supported features, video codecs, hdr, DV, checkbox for supported under android and another for under coreelec
I am not sure the SlimBox Amlogic mod meets the forum rules.

Martin
(2023-04-01, 22:38)emveepee Wrote: I am not sure the SlimBox Amlogic mod meets the forum rules.

Martin

What rules are you talking about?
Similar to Kodi distros, Slimbox comes with install apps that may not be licensed in all areas.

Martin
(2023-04-01, 23:40)emveepee Wrote: Similar to Kodi distros, Slimbox comes with install apps that may not be licensed in all areas.

Martin
Yes they had a bunch of crap apps. I deleted all of them. They were apps in the OS but I don't think they were in Kodi.
if theres a problem with the post a real mod will let you know, and probably rather quickly from what ive seen
(2023-04-01, 23:40)emveepee Wrote: Similar to Kodi distros, Slimbox comes with install apps that may not be licensed in all areas.

Martin

I really can't belive this type of post, with your post count , he can do what he wants with his android box , it doesn't effect kodi untill he install banned addons.
(2023-04-02, 03:14)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: I really can't belive this type of post, with your post count , he can do what he wants with his android box , it doesn't effect kodi untill he install banned addons.

I just wanted @clarkss12 to be aware of what he was promoting with his links and his video, and no doubt it was an innocent mistake on his part. 

Martin
(2023-04-02, 06:11)emveepee Wrote:
(2023-04-02, 03:14)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: I really can't belive this type of post, with your post count , he can do what he wants with his android box , it doesn't effect kodi untill he install banned addons.

I just wanted @clarkss12 to be aware of what he was promoting with his links and his video, and no doubt it was an innocent mistake on his part. 

Martin

What links are unacceptable?
The Kodi privacy policy is you cannot link to websites or services that violate US copyright rules.   Those "crap" apps that you uninstalled would I expect be violation, so the I mean the link to the service providing them. 

Martin
(2023-04-02, 18:17)emveepee Wrote: The Kodi privacy policy is you cannot link to websites or services that violate US copyright rules.   Those "crap" apps that you uninstalled would I expect be violation, so the I mean the link to the service providing them. 

Martin

You'd expect..? Looking for violations into your kristal ball I presume.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Found another Android Media Player worth a second look.0