Found another Android Media Player worth a second look.
(2023-04-03, 01:57)jepsizofye Wrote: same i spend more time copying, cataloging, organizing, fixing, testing than watching anything

re: back to the future trilogy

i did not want to replace my blu-ray either but im glad i did, they are nice high bitrate dolby vision remasters with atmos audio Smile

mediainfo for the trilogy: https://paste.kodi.tv/esurenanaz

I am watching back to the Future right now, I'm addicted to that movie.
The mediainfo that you posted, shows Dolby Vision, what tool do you use to rip the Dolby vision versionHuh? And what device do you use to play it. I may just have to acquire it again, third time to purchase that trilogy.
Edit: I see that you used makeMKV to rip it.
Server side:

hp elite mini housing open media vault with omv-extras
omv-extras housing docker
docker housing portainer, jellyfin, makemkv and a couple build hosts for kodi

Client side:

only the firetv cube gen3 with a nightly kodi v21 alpha is doing dolby vision/atmos at the moment (its the only one in a position to take advantage of it, the others are generic displays anyway)

samsung HDR10+ tv, not dolby vision but still very distinct for dolby vision files vs. not

im using the docker makemkv which serves the gui to a webpage from my nas so i can direct copy on it (nas is headless) - https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv
Hey @clarkss12, interesting box, especially w/HD audio using Android. I currently have a HK1 S905X4 box w/CoreELEC installed, which also appears can run slimBOXtv? Or, is TOX3 different?
Now that I know that Kodi mod's accept SlimBoxTV discussion I can say that has a really nice Android, base, and props to the author too.  It did install on my HKI without issue.  All the ah21x boxes are likely the same (and probably even from the same vendor they will be different too) and I haven't had issues crossing the "stock" firmware from one to another.  YMMV so make sure you can install your stock firmeware.  I have flashed my HK1 R2 with Vontar/HK1/Transcend and MKIII images.

SlimBOx doesn't make up for S905x4 issues like the lack on built in basic Dolby decoding, no Widevine L1 etc though which will impact some Android apps.

Martin
(2023-04-04, 18:32)hdmkv Wrote: Hey @clarkss12, interesting box, especially w/HD audio using Android. I currently have a HK1 S905X4 box w/CoreELEC installed, which also appears can run slimBOXtv? Or, is TOX3 different?

I was running the Slimbox ATV on my HK1, but that was awhile ago.  I am now running CE internally on the eMMC.  I would **assume** that the firmware would be the same.  Since I received the TOX3, it will be my new main media player, mainly because of the ventilation.  Those opening really help the temps.  Never seen the TOX3 box even reach 60C. Of course my hobby is **swapping** ROMs..
(2023-04-04, 18:32)hdmkv Wrote: Hey @clarkss12, interesting box, especially w/HD audio using Android. I currently have a HK1 S905X4 box w/CoreELEC installed, which also appears can run slimBOXtv? Or, is TOX3 different?

Yes, you can install the slimboxtv onto your HK1.
Edit: it is almost impossible to brick these boxes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Found another Android Media Player worth a second look.0