Linux HP EliteDesk 800-Ubuntu 22.04-4K Live TV problem
Just to update on this post.

I’ve now narrowed down the problem to the KODI-PVR-HTS addon. I can record the HEVC stream using the KODI-PVR-HTS and it will successfully play the recording back with VAAPI hardware acceleration enabled but will not play in Live TV.

If the addon maintainer is looking in I wonder has he/she come across this behaviour.
Again on further investigation I can now play the HEVC UHD channel with VAAPI hardware acceleration if I change the profile in TVH to MPEG-TS Pass-through and enable HTSP in the Kodi addon. Nearly there. Makes sense as the client does the decoding in this case.
Probably sounds like a bit of a monologue at this stage.

It appears from what I’m reading that pausing/ff/rw is not an option in Kodi pvr-hts when using the mpeg-ts pass-thru profile in TVH. Not a big deal at this end as I don’t have a big need for these features.

The main goal was to get HEVC UHD channels playing with VAAPI hardware acceleration. Much smoother playing than the software alternative and a hell of a lot less load on the CPU.
(2023-05-16, 20:07)petediscrete Wrote: Probably sounds like a bit of a monologue at this stage. ...

a bit but its interesting at least
(2023-05-16, 20:13)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-05-16, 20:07)petediscrete Wrote: Probably sounds like a bit of a monologue at this stage. ...

a bit but its interesting at least

Indeed. Don’t you just love when you resolve your own problems by logically stepping through them yourself.

What started out, as I was lead to believe was the inability of the processor to handle what i was throwing at it to something as simple as defining a new profile in TVH to resolve the issue.

Easy when you know how and a little help from some knowledgeable sources who have been thanked accordingly.
Have you enabled timeshift in the Configuration->Recording->Timeshift tab in TV Headend's webgui?
Yes I explored every option on that front. It appears that once you enable HTSP in Kodi pause/rew/ff are automatically disabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP EliteDesk 800-Ubuntu 22.04-4K Live TV problem0