Setting Favorites on startup leads to a black screen
Hi, I don't have a GitHub account so hope you will reproduce the problem and add the issue to the bug list.
Steps:
1) In Kodi On macOS Ventura download Metropolis or Amber skin and set one of them
2) Set the Favorites to open up on startup in the Interface settings
3) Restart Kodi
You should see a black screen on the next start of Kodi.

I check it on a new MacBook Air M1 where Kodi wasn't installed and the issue was reproduced.

Cheers
If such behavior does not happen with the system default Estuary skin, then the skin developers of your other skins should investigate this matter. Providing a debug log of what happens will also help.

If you can specify the skin you use most, then this thread can be moved to the correct subforum.
Sure, how can I provide a debug log? As I said I tried it on a new Macbook with a newly installed Kodi. Confluence also has the same issue, so I believe it happens with any other non-default Kodi skin. Thanks.
This will only work with skins that have updated the new favourites window changes.

New window: FavouritesBrowser
Hello e1Deus,

Have you found a solution to this problem?
I'm exactly in the same since situation since this afternoon, I wanted to have my favorites as "homepage" when I launch the app and since that: black screen.
I reinstalled the same version, and then I even tried a beta version but still the same.  

Thanks in advance
(2023-07-25, 17:25)Mathiasbgn Wrote: Hello e1Deus,

Have you found a solution to this problem?
I'm exactly in the same since situation since this afternoon, I wanted to have my favorites as "homepage" when I launch the app and since that: black screen.
I reinstalled the same version, and then I even tried a beta version but still the same.  

Thanks in advance
Again, it will only work with skins that have updated their favourites window.
Hello Hitch,
I am sorry, I'm totally beginner with Kodi, not very familiar with IT in general, and it's not my mother tongue.
I have no idea about how to switch to an updated skin since I have absolutely no access to Kodi, is there any tutorial or some basic actions to get back to Kodi from this black screen, I don't mind if I can't set "Favourites" at the launching.
Sorry for my poor level.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting Favorites on startup leads to a black screen0