How do you Remove or Rename a Video Source?
Hi all,
I wanted to rename a video source from "TV Shows" to "MyTVShows" to indicate they are on a network drive. I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find how.
I'm using the latest version (I think) 20.1 (Nexus) with LibreELEC.
Also wondering how to add back a standard source like "Music Videos" that I deleted if I need to.
Thanks!
dp
(2023-05-11, 23:05)dpalmer Wrote: I wanted to rename a video source from "TV Shows" to "MyTVShows" to indicate they are on a network drive.
Go to your Source and call up the Context Menu. Select Edit Source and change the name.
You need to restart Kodi for the change to take effect.

(2023-05-11, 23:05)dpalmer Wrote: Also wondering how to add back a standard source like "Music Videos" that I deleted if I need to.
Not sure what you mean here. Just add a Source like you normally would?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-11, 23:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-11, 23:05)dpalmer Wrote: I wanted to rename a video source from "TV Shows" to "MyTVShows" to indicate they are on a network drive.
Go to your Source and call up the Context Menu. Select Edit Source and change the name.
You need to restart Kodi for the change to take effect.
(2023-05-11, 23:05)dpalmer Wrote: Also wondering how to add back a standard source like "Music Videos" that I deleted if I need to.
Not sure what you mean here. Just add a Source like you normally would?

Thanks for the reply. "Go to your Source" was a little confusing as I was thinking the Categories on the left of the main screen.
I did find out how to do it with this .. Main Screen>Videos>Files and then right click on the source I wanted to edit. I was also trying to do this just using the TV remote, so no context menu.

The "add back" was referring to "Categories"  on the main screen that were there when first installed, among them "Music Videos", "TV" and "Weather".
If I had deleted them from the main menu, as an option when you select one and don't have anything in that  Library. If I deleted say the "TV" Category, how would I add it back?

One last "thing" when you pause a video, the older version showed how much time is left, now only how much you have watched and total time of the video.
Kinda nice to know how much longer the video is with out doing the match. Am I missing something or is there a way to show that?

Thanks for the help!!
OtG
(2023-05-13, 19:59)dpalmer Wrote: If I deleted say the "TV" Category, how would I add it back?
Using the Estuary Skin... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Se...Menu_Items

(2023-05-13, 19:59)dpalmer Wrote: the older version showed how much time is left, now only how much you have watched and total time of the video.
Which skin?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-13, 20:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-13, 19:59)dpalmer Wrote: If I deleted say the "TV" Category, how would I add it back?
Using the Estuary Skin... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Se...Menu_Items
(2023-05-13, 19:59)dpalmer Wrote: the older version showed how much time is left, now only how much you have watched and total time of the video.
Which skin?
Default Estuary Skin. Same as link on Settings.
(2023-05-13, 19:59)dpalmer Wrote: when you pause a video, the older version showed how much time is left, now only how much you have watched and total time of the video.
Hmm, not aware of that change, if there was a change.
Maybe @Hitcher knows
My Signature
heres a screenshot of estuary from june of 2021 - looks the same as it does now (without any remaining time)

if you were using something from prior to that then i guess there could be a change

https://imgur.com/5SwOA4h

(found using an image search - not my screenshot)
Yes it was an earlier version maybe 18 or 19 ?
It was nice to have, maybe if enough people wanted it it could come back ??
Thanks for the help, I learned where to find some things.
OtG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you Remove or Rename a Video Source?0