v20 Compilation fails on Fedora, related to groovy/Java
I am trying to build 20.1 Nexus kodi out of git on Linux Fedora 30: I have pulled the 20.1-Nexus tag:

Code:
git status
HEAD detached at 20.1-Nexus

The compilation goes smoothly until the swig part of the compilation. I get the following error:

Code:
Caught: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static SwigTypeParser.SwigType_lrtype() is applicable for argument types: (String) values: [XBMCAddon::String]

See the fuller log here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/efazubecit

I have Java 11 installed:

Code:
java -version
openjdk version "11.0.7" 2020-04-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.7+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.7+10, mixed mode, sharing)

I've been building kodi on this machine for years and have never seen an error like this (19.4 was compiled on this machine and build fine).  Is this something new in the compilation procedure between v19 and v20?
(2023-05-17, 05:40)fiveisalive Wrote: Nexus kodi out of git on Linux Fedora 30

Did you ever consider to upgrade your OS? Fedora 30 is EOL since 2020. At least I don't see such problems compiling Kodi on Fedora 36
(2023-05-19, 08:42)DaVu Wrote:
(2023-05-17, 05:40)fiveisalive Wrote: Nexus kodi out of git on Linux Fedora 30

Did you ever consider to upgrade your OS? Fedora 30 is EOL since 2020. At least I don't see such problems compiling Kodi on Fedora 36
Yes, soon I plan to upgrade. But it's very disruptive to upgrade the whole OS (since it also means upgrading mythtv for PVR and live TV), so I have been postponing it until I have to. I figure this must be some fairly trivial issue related to the Java version that I can hopefully workaround for the time being.  If not, then I guess I'll have to take the plunge and upgrade the whole thing.

I will see if I can duplicate the problem by recompiling from scratch v19.x version to see if it's something that is definitely introduced in v20.x (versus some configuration issue on the whole OS).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation fails on Fedora, related to groovy/Java0