Audio dropouts with Stereo upmix setting
When playing 2-channel audio (mainly AAC and MP3 encodings) I've been bedevilled by a roughly one second audio dropout every 6/7 minutes of playback. This has been happening through several Kodi releases up to and including the 20.1 release. I've finally worked out that it stops happening if I reset the Stereo upmix option. I now let my AVR do the upmix, and the audio plays uninterrupted by any dropouts.

I don't know whether it's a Kodi defect or just particular to my setup - Ubuntu and latterly LibreELEC running on a Gigabyte GA-H110M-HD3 motherboard using an HDMI connection. If it's the former, I'm not asking for nor expecting a fix, I've posted this workaround here simply to help others avoid the frustrations it has caused me whilst trying to track down the cause of the dropouts.
being that it happened over multiple kodi versions and i dont see where it has been reported as an issue - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?q=stereo+upmix

across 2 different operating systems ubuntu and libreelec

the logical conclusion would be that it is your hardware, whether it be a cheaply made hdmi cable, the motherboard or the avr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio dropouts with Stereo upmix setting0