Stereo upmix bug
Hi,
I have a 5.1 sound system. If I enable stereo upmix in settings the front left channel doesn't work (all other channels works correctly).
Anyone?
Tell us what sort of connections you have, amp or direct to TV hdmi, optical etc.. gfx card if any etc.

Audio (wiki) & Settings/System/Audio (wiki) Windows audio (wiki) Audio troubleshooting (wiki)

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I am connected to an amp 5.1 through analog connections. I am using the integrated audio on my motherboard.
I have this problem only when enabling stereo upmix (so no problem with 5.1 audio source).
Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/zapaqomese.kodi
You are using Directsound audio output, try changing it to WASAPI.
Already tried, same result.
Could be the encode, or how it was done. Check with Samples (wiki) for testing.
(2024-02-20, 05:25)PatK Wrote: Could be the encode, or how it was done. Check with Samples (wiki) for testing.

Tried with different audio formats wav, aac, mp3 and flac but same result.
I have similar problem.
I am on raspberry pi and got USB 5.1 card. Using kodi Nexus, installed using dietpi.
I've tested speakers with `speaker-test -t wav -c 6`, no problem.
With 5.1 source everything is OK. But when I enable stereo upmix, the left speaker is silent, it seems that center is playing left channel. Also, no upmix, just stereo and from wrong speakers.
On Libreelec with kodi 19, there was no problem.
Could it be that in v. 20 something related to audio upmix has changed?
Have you tried the v20 version of LibreElec?
(2024-04-01, 13:07)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you tried the v20 version of LibreElec?
Downloaded and tried just now (LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-11.95.1.img.gz). Same problem. Only center and right is playing. In the left there is silent noise like some distorted sound from movie, but it is so silent that I could not say. But on 5.1 movies the channel is perfectly OK. So it seems that problem is somewhere in stereo upmix code.
Does anyone know how to resolve this because I have the same issue, but only when I'm running Kodi v21? I downgraded to Nexus and the issue disappeared. Both on Windows 10, btw.
I have had this problem for months.
I am currently on Coreelec and made a post over there a while ago:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/stereo-upmix/51148.

This problem is on different plattforms. It can not be a coincidence! Some code that are the same regarding stereo upscaling on both plattforms.

I've tried reinstalling on several Coreelec's (20.4-21).
Everything else works as it should and have therefore not gone <20.4(coreelec)

Any ideas?

Next step for me is to compile coreelec with proper sound management. Alsaequal, libasound2-plugin-equal etc.
My end goal is to get Camilladsp (https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/ind...ial.29656/) working on Coreelec VIM3 Smile
The logs do not show anything regarding this bug.

What works (5.1) is FR, C and RL.

Thinking if making a bug reply but it's such a hassle.
Since it appears to affecting multiple systems running different types of OS then it might have been broken by the ffmpeg update from v5 to v6 within Kodi. To get it fixed someone needs to raise an issue on Github https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues? and make sure to include a debug log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo upmix bug0