Linux Problem with divx files
Hello!

I have a annoying issue with divx files. Sometimes (not always) the divx files stutter for few (and even more) seconds (only at the beginning), which causes high CPU usage. After these few seconds (this is preceded by a long "loading content" message), the file plays, but the sound stutters and sometimes takes a distorted form.

Of course I tried a few things like disabling the hardware acceleration for mpeg-4, disabling some extensions, but nothing helped.

My OS is OpenSuse Tumbleweed (kernel: 6.3.9-1), Kodi (20.1.0) Git:20230311-20230312-289ec66 from repository (I haven't tried Kodi from flatpak), Ryzen 7 7700, RX 6700 XT (open drivers). Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/livoluqogo.kodi

I didn't notice this bug with other file types and on my second OS (Manjaro) but also I noticed this issue on Arch which I tested before.

Someone can help me?
I will be very grateful
You are using video files with a format that has almost(?) gotten extinct by now, and you also use a operating system that we do not actively support. Typically such OS'es build & package their own versions of Kodi which makes it difficult for us to find the needle in the haystack.

For now, ffmpeg doesn't like your videos much seeing the large number of identical log entries:
Custom AVIOContext makes no sense and will be ignored with AVFMT_NOFILE format.

Any chance that those nagging videos were rendered in the wrong way, because Kodi's video engine ffmpeg has its hiccups with them.
One solution IMO could be to recode them to a newer, more contemporary video format.
Thanks a lot, that is what I expected.
Quote:For now, ffmpeg doesn't like your videos much seeing the large number of identical log entries:
Custom AVIOContext makes no sense and will be ignored with AVFMT_NOFILE format.

Has nothing to do with it. That's for thumbnails, when we switched from the pipe to the image format inside ffmpeg. Before we provided our own context, which makes no sense for the real image parser. This log will be gone with v21 as ffmpeg fixed an upstream issue and we could go back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The issue you have seems to be with audio. Are you using pipewire under the hood? And pulseaudio on top of it? I see lots of "sink changed" messages in there which causes a reconfigure of audio.

Can you try v21 with pipewire instead if you answer the two questions before with "Yes", please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with divx files0