Problem on Android TV Box wit YouTube
Hello,
I have problem with running YouTube on KODI on my MECOOL KM2 Plus TV Box. I reading in Internet about this and I'm understand today YouTube does not work on KODI directly, need made some API service on Google account... I taring do this but didn't success...
If someone can help me with this (I think, I need detailed explanation) I will be very grateful.
Forget about the hassle with YT in Kodi. For easy and full YT experience install "SmartTube Next" stable version apk to your Android Box.
(2023-07-10, 22:44)Sholander Wrote: Forget about the hassle with YT in Kodi. For easy and full YT experience install "SmartTube Next" stable version apk to your Android Box.

if we're not using kodi then just go here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...id.youtube

thats what i use
For that official version one has to have GMS (Google Mobile Services) which I and many people I know don't use...
(2023-07-10, 22:58)Sholander Wrote: For that official version one has to have GMS (Google Mobile Services) which I and many people I know don't use...

installs fine on my firetv which is devoid of google services
(2023-07-10, 22:44)Sholander Wrote: Forget about the hassle with YT in Kodi. For easy and full YT experience install "SmartTube Next" stable version apk to your Android Box.

Thank you very much!
(2023-07-10, 23:24)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-07-10, 22:58)Sholander Wrote: For that official version one has to have GMS (Google Mobile Services) which I and many people I know don't use...

Good for you, enjoy the nagging advertisements which I never see on suggested version.
(2023-07-11, 12:13)Sholander Wrote:
(2023-07-10, 23:24)jepsizofye Wrote:

Good for you, enjoy the nagging advertisements which I never see on suggested version.

ads are how the platform is paid for, if you want no ads you can purchase youtube premium

i just hope you dont make a habit of watching paid content for free
(2023-07-11, 15:09)jepsizofye Wrote: ads are how the platform is paid for, if you want no ads you can purchase youtube premium

i just hope you dont make a habit of watching paid content for free

I don't agree with practice to bundle premium content with adds free,  so I always look for apps that enable adds free experience for standard (not premium content), which suggested app does.

When I'm interested in premium content, then I pay for it, as I already do for some premium streaming services...
we probably watch different content on youtube

i like content from content creators who make it a career doing what they like doing, even support some on patreon, the content creator is in charge of how many ads are displayed and some don't do it at all relying on patreon alone

im happy knowing i can make that happen for some people just by allowing a 30 second ad (and in most cases click skip after just 6 seconds)
You don't need to login, set up APIs etc etc, that many tell you to. You just need to replace one file within the addon folder after installing, download it here...

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...eo_info.py

and you'll find the original to replace here... addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper. I've done it to both my v20 on Windows and v21 on Fire TV Cube and trailers etc now work perfectly.
(2023-07-23, 14:38)b1ggles Wrote: You don't need to login, set up APIs etc etc, that many tell you to. You just need to replace one file within the addon folder after installing, download it here...

and you'll find the original to replace here... addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper. I've done it to both my v20 on Windows and v21 on Fire TV Cube and trailers etc now work perfectly.
Sorry, can you explain step by step.
Thank you.
(2023-07-23, 14:52)RomaY Wrote:
(2023-07-23, 14:38)b1ggles Wrote: You don't need to login, set up APIs etc etc, that many tell you to. You just need to replace one file within the addon folder after installing, download it here...

Sorry, can you explain step by step.
Thank you.

There are literally only two steps, download file, overwrite original as per my post, which bit are you stuck on or were you expecting there to be more to it?.
(2023-07-24, 01:34)b1ggles Wrote:
There are literally only two steps, download file, overwrite original as per my post, which bit are you stuck on or were you expecting there to be more to it?.
Your link is not file, is Internet site/list, I download this if I use copy/paste to text file... if this correct? I don't know how i can find/browse files in Android TV Box, I need use some program for this?
Thanks.
(2023-07-24, 08:05)RomaY Wrote:
(2023-07-24, 01:34)b1ggles Wrote:
Your link is not file, is Internet site/list, I download this if I use copy/paste to text file... if this correct? I don't know how i can find/browse files in Android TV Box, I need use some program for this?
Thanks.

It is a file, you need to right click not left clcik, 'save link as...'. Put the file in one of your media folders so it's easy to find and then use Kodi's built-in file manager to move it to the right folder, you can't miss it, press settings and it's the first one, top left.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem on Android TV Box wit YouTube0