Real debird alternative that isnt illegal?
Trying to integrate with titan bingie mod to make a Netflix lookalike for cheaper with more movies n shows. I'm new to kodi customization in general so I apologize if I offend anyone as its not my intention. I don't have a storage server, so local files are not an option (for now!). I might ask for some help later on with doing that legally ;D. Aside from that, I want an addon that can integrate with titan bingie or any build that is a netflix lookalike for my family to use. Any help is appreciated; or if this post is a violation, can someone refer me to any possible help making this a setup that is legal? thanks all
We generally do not support such "file locker" services, especially the one you mention (but typo) as it's notorious for illegally sourced material.

Generally speaking you are best paying for a subscription for a reputable service such as Netflix, and then using the relevant addon to access it through Kodi.

Kodi is not an app to give you access to premium (paid) services or media for free - if you're getting something for free that you would normally need to pay for then it's not something we want anything to do with here.

The addons that have threads here are such services, although some are geo-locked so won't be available in all locations, and others required subscriptions payable to the actual content provider.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for your comment. I won't be using real debrid since it's illegal. I see many people with a bunch of local files of movies on video tutorials that I find. I also know that Bingie was made to display local files. How would one start to set up something like this? I have absolutely no idea where people download that stuff from and I'm keen on starting since I'm getting myself a NAS very soon for home automation and general storage.
(2023-08-14, 13:44)Akela_27 Wrote: Thank you for your comment. I won't be using real debrid since it's illegal. I see many people with a bunch of local files of movies on video tutorials that I find. I also know that Bingie was made to display local files. How would one start to set up something like this? I have absolutely no idea where people download that stuff from and I'm keen on starting since I'm getting myself a NAS very soon for home automation and general storage.

Although you won't get pinged on here for downloading stuff to your local setup and playing from there as you will with dodgy addons and streaming sites, you also won't get help with it I'm afraid as it is still illegal in most countries.

We're not going to tell you how to live your life or how to get your media, that's completely your choice but we also won't help with anything that is illegal in most places YMMV of course.

What we can help with is ways to rip and store your own media (DVD's, Blurays and so on) and make that available to play in Kodi. Yes technically doing so is also illegal in some places but I think you'll be hard pressed to find anybody actually being prosecuted for ripping their own media for personal use.
(2023-08-14, 13:44)Akela_27 Wrote: How would one start to set up something like this? I have absolutely no idea where people download that stuff from

truly legitimate users spend a lot of time and money building a collection, i am not aware of any legitimate paid service that allows you to download content for free - outside of some android apps that allow downloading the encrypted copy for offline viewing (from the already paid subscription service hulu, netflix, prime, etc.)

the only site you should be looking for content on is https://www.blu-ray.com

once you have legally purchased your own movies you can make a backup for personal use

https://www.makemkv.com and https://forum.makemkv.com/forum can help you with that, otherwise a google search

if spending thousands of dollars and hours building your library is not something you want to do then you are better off with Netflix as was suggested

there are good addons for Hulu, Disney+, Paramount+ as well
Real debrid and other similar services are legal, but whether they are used for illegal purposes is up to the user. They make no attempt to prevent illegal use, so we all know how that goes.
(2023-08-14, 19:38)QianyuLi Wrote: Real debrid and other similar services are legal, but whether they are used for illegal purposes is up to the user. They make no attempt to prevent illegal use, so we all know how that goes.

thats quite out of context, the legality of the service/site is not the question, the question is obtaining media from it

there are illegal media files also stored on google drive and even uploaded to youtube while those sites are obviously legal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Real debird alternative that isnt illegal?0