Information .nfo files
I have a very large Movie and TV series collection (>1000).  Kodi works fine, but every now and then the, I believe they are known as a scraper, incorrectly matches information.  I have read the forums on the question of creating your own .nfo files, which seem to relate more to Windows than OSX, in that I understand the .nfo files are in the same folder as the Movie or TV show.  I can't see this on the Mac.  I looked in the Library/Application Support and that didn't provide me any answers either. 

I have tried to re-scrape individual mis-matches to no avail, hence my questions about doing it manually.

Where do I find the .nfo files under OSX so I can manually create the file and hopefully correct the mis-matches?  Thank you in advance.
(2023-08-20, 08:41)cogitare Wrote: I have tried to re-scrape individual mis-matches to no avail,
How have you done this?
Which scraper are you using?

2 methods to fix mismatched items...

1. Select Refresh the title from the Information page. Pick the correct movie from the list. If its not in the list, click on Manual and type the correct name or use the ID... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows
Or
2. Use a Parsing nfo file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing

(2023-08-20, 08:41)cogitare Wrote: nfo files, which seem to relate more to Windows than OSX
No. Applies equally to all platforms, so no difference.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for you prompt reply.  I will have a go at your suggestions.  I definitely do not see any .nfo files in the location of either movies or tv shows.

Drive>TV Shows>TV show name (date)>Season>Episodes.  Can't see an .nfo in any location.  If I do a Find for .nfo files there are none anywhere on my system.

I'll keep having a go at this.  Thanks again
(2023-08-20, 09:09)cogitare Wrote: I definitely do not see any .nfo files in the location of either movies or tv shows.
You won't find any. They are not automatically created.
You need to specifically manually create them, or
You run an Export to Separate Files, but that only exports nfo files for what is already in your library.

You haven't told me which scraper you are using.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
TVDB
(2023-08-20, 09:18)cogitare Wrote: TVDB
Yes, which one? Tell me the exact name.
My Signature
'The TVDB' is what is shown under Set Content.  As I said generally no issues just occasionally.
(2023-08-20, 09:27)cogitare Wrote: 'The TVDB' is what is shown under Set Content.
Thanks.
That scraper is broken and not maintained. It is no longer available in our repository.

From the Set Content page, please change to TVDB v4. Here is the wiki page for that scraper... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_TVDB_v4

And because of the change, the newer scrapers use a different <episodeguide>. So if you try adding new episodes to an existing tv show in your library, it may not work. Here is the solution...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370489
My Signature
Ah I see. That would require a Kodi update it seems, and the add-on I like Skin Helper Service Widget is not available for later versions of Kodi as I understand it.  I only want simple interface with 'On-Deck' capacity.  Thank you for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo files0