Passthrough issues
It breaks sync for all others if I do this. Post your Debug Log please.

And: Is a video start really that horrible for you with many outtages / long time until sound comes?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Try this as well: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/android-arm-...bi-v7a.apk and don't forget the Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
No it starts immediately with version 20.2, and like I said without any sound with version 20.3 and 21beta.
I test your new version now
Your new file, plays again without any sound
https://paste.kodi.tv/eqizanezep
Thanks and now again please with the version before I posted, which worked.

I basically have no idea how to fix that for your device without killing a ton of others (basically all newer amlogic devices, amazon firetv cube 3rd gen) while fixing yours ;-)
(2024-01-10, 20:46)fritsch Wrote: Thanks and now again please with the version before I posted, which worked.

I basically have no idea how to fix that for your device without killing a ton of others (basically all newer amlogic devices, amazon firetv cube 3rd gen) while fixing yours ;-)
OK here is the working one
https://paste.kodi.tv/anisuluget

Maybe I use my shield tv again then or I edit the playercorefactory.xml and use a working player, i will see. Because i really liked that new device
That log there actually does not look much better. You once even run into a 600 ms offset:
2024-01-10 22:01:17.349 T:4947 error <general>: Sink got stuck with 683.000000 ms - ask AE for reopening

Also your system seems to be fully overloaded when you start that move. Is this the only movie having such issues?
I mean from size perspective it is beyond "standard files" ... but just wondering.

How much CPU does it need? You see that on the OSD when debug logging is enabled.

Also some firmware issues along the way:
CXBMCApp::onReceive - Got intent. Action: android.intent.action.BATTERY_CHANGED

The device does not have a battery, right?
(2024-01-10, 21:53)fritsch Wrote: That log there actually does not look much better. You once even run into a 600 ms offset:
2024-01-10 22:01:17.349 T:4947 error <general>: Sink got stuck with 683.000000 ms - ask AE for reopening

Also your system seems to be fully overloaded when you start that move. Is this the only movie having such issues?
I mean from size perspective it is beyond "standard files" ... but just wondering.

How much CPU does it need? You see that on the OSD when debug logging is enabled.

Also some firmware issues along the way:
CXBMCApp::onReceive - Got intent. Action: android.intent.action.BATTERY_CHANGED

The device does not have a battery, right?

Hi
it was around 20-35% cpu

But I have to say I installed a custom Android TV version on it. The original Android was a none Android TV one, a phone version.
But as long as i remember correctly i also had these problems with the original Android version.
I flash it back and report.
So it doesn't work with the original Android version either.Only dtshd with version 20.2. No matter the device and this Soc is still brand new, maybe something will happen after a few firmware updates.Thanks for your help
@fritsch

Hi there!

I remember you posting, that you use a 3d gen. FireTV Cube. A few weeks ago I also upgraded and bought one.

Could you please tell me which setting you use in the FireTV audio settings? Best available or Dolby Digital Plus?

When using Best available my soundbar shows Multichannel PCM whenever I play any DD+ content in Kodi or other apps like Netflix (Atmos and DTS are shown normally).
When using the Dolby Digital Plus setting my soundbar shows Dolby Digital Plus for any DD+ content (Atmos and DTS are still working).

Do you know why Multichannel PCM is displayed instead of DD+, when using best available? Is it because of the encoding into Dolby MAT?
And which audio setting would you recommend?
Thanks!
Post a kodi log while playing DD+. On FireTV we can only guarantee what we output from kodi ... what happens afterwards -> Firmware of amazon, no influence.

Use: Kodi IEC device (PCM), set the channels to what your soundbar supports.
Passthrough: Enabled.
Enable all features your Soundbar can do, e.g. DTS, AC3, EAC3, ... TrueHD

Keep in mind, we send DD+ as 2 Channel 192 khz datastream, we send DTS-HD-MA / TrueHD as 8 channels 192 khz and DTS-HD-HR as 2 channels 192 khz. AC3, DTS as 2 channel / 44.1/48/96 khz depending on bitrate.
Most soundbars cannot really do DD+, but only 5.1 DD+ ... post your log.
I have a similar problem and I only recently became aware of it. I use Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen.). The sound is great, but as soon as I fast forward or rewind a movie, for example, and then play it again, the sound is completely different. While the surround sound was optimal before and the dialog came from the center speaker, it suddenly sounds as if the dialog is quieter and also distributed to the front speakers. The entire sound no longer feels room-filling, somehow quieter, tinny. Something is not right. The only thing that helps at that moment is to close KODI completely and restart KODI. What is going on?

In the Fire TV Stick settings, I have activated "Best available" for audio (in German "Beste verfügbare"). Otherwise I only hear stereo on Amazon Prime etc. With "Best available" I can listen to Dolby Digital Plus etc. All formats are activated (and supported by the AV-Receiver).

I use KODI 21.0 Beta 1 and all my movies are AAC (avcodec), i.e. PCM on the AV receiver. I have allowed passthrough in KODI. I have activated "Optimized" in the output configuration.
AAC is not a passthrough format, kodi sends it as PCM ... when DD+ comes out of an AAC file it's not kodi doing it. Also after seek, kodi just continues outputting multi-channel PCM ... but as mentioned multiple times: kodi has zero influence what happens AFTER it gives the data to Android's Audiotrack. There are some formats the amzon firmware cannot messup: DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, DD+ WITH atmos.
(2024-01-31, 08:14)fritsch Wrote: Post a kodi log while playing DD+. On FireTV we can only guarantee what we output from kodi ... what happens afterwards -> Firmware of amazon, no influence.

Use: Kodi IEC device (PCM), set the channels to what your soundbar supports.
Passthrough: Enabled.
Enable all features your Soundbar can do, e.g. DTS, AC3, EAC3, ... TrueHD

Keep in mind, we send DD+ as 2 Channel 192 khz datastream, we send DTS-HD-MA / TrueHD as 8 channels 192 khz and DTS-HD-HR as 2 channels 192 khz. AC3, DTS as 2 channel / 44.1/48/96 khz depending on bitrate.
Most soundbars cannot really do DD+, but only 5.1 DD+ ... post your log.

After a bit of online-research I think I found the reason, why Multichannel PCM is displayed on my soundbar:
Apparently the cube doesn´t directly pass through DD+/DD and is converting it to (L)PCM (Dolby MAT?), whereas the older FireTV sticks and cubes convert it a second time to DD+ before passing it to your audio device. I´m not sure but at least that´s what I understood from reading various posts and Amazon support comments (e.g. here).
Does this sound correct or did I get something wrong?

Here is my Logfile: uwafoyated (paste)
At first I played the Dolby Atmos Helicopter Demo and used the Atmos audio. After that I switched to the ARC5.1 Audio. Then I played a different demo with DD+ audio.
Both DD and DD+ were shown as Multichannel PCM on my soundbar, whereas the Atmos audio was shown as Atmos.
Anything wrong in my logs? Would you recommend to change something?

In the FireTV Cube settings I set the audio setting to "Best available".
In the Kodi Audio settigns I used the recommended device in both the decoder and passthrough settings. In addition I set the number of channels to 7.1, Best match and selected all the capabilties of my soundbar (Samsung Q930C is able to play anything).

Thanks for helping me again!
Menu Sounds: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 44100 format: AE_FMT_FLOAT (AE) method: PCM stream-type: PCM-STREAM min_buffer_size: 88200 m_frames: 2205 m_frameSize: 8 channels: 2
Dolby ATMOS Helicopter:  CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 192000 format: AE_FMT_S16LE (AE) method: IEC (PT) stream-type: STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD min_buffer_size: 768000 m_frames: 9600 m_frameSize: 16 channels: 8
Menu Sounds after stop: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 44100 format: AE_FMT_FLOAT (AE) method: PCM stream-type: PCM-STREAM min_buffer_size: 88200 m_frames: 2205 m_frameSize: 8 channels: 2
Some AC3 track: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 48000 format: AE_FMT_S16LE (AE) method: IEC (PT) stream-type: STREAM_TYPE_AC3 min_buffer_size: 48000 m_frames: 2400 m_frameSize: 4 channels: 2
Menu Sounds after stop: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 44100 format: AE_FMT_FLOAT (AE) method: PCM stream-type: PCM-STREAM min_buffer_size: 88200 m_frames: 2205 m_frameSize: 8 channels: 2
EAC3 from Safari_Dolby_Digital_Plus: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 192000 format: AE_FMT_S16LE (AE) method: IEC (PT) stream-type: STREAM_TYPE_EAC3 min_buffer_size: 192000 m_frames: 9600 m_frameSize: 4 channels: 2

As you can see - kodi three times opened some passthrough format ... the rest is done by your FireTV. Nothing I can do about that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough issues0