Multiple clearlogos - one for every artist on a compilation album
I feel that this must be possible, but I cannot find an answer on these forums (apologies if I missed it)

Is there a way that I can assign each artist on a compilation of approximately 20 tracks his/her/their own clearlogo, so that the skin I use (Arctic Horizon Reloaded) can display each artist's clearlogo as their track plays (in the same way that it displays the clearlogo of an artist as their album plays)?

Thanks in advance
(2023-08-29, 01:39)DJCounter Wrote: Is there a way that I can assign each artist on a compilation of approximately 20 tracks his/her/their own clearlogo
Have you set up the Artist Information Folder?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Artist_information_folder

It is similar to the Movie Set Information folder for movie sets.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have - so that's the answer? Does it also need an entry in the album.nfo file?
(2023-08-29, 04:49)DCounter Wrote: so that's the answer?
It depends on how you have built your library. You have given no details.
Do you have local artwork or are you expecting the artwork to come from the scraping process.
You mention album nfo files- do you have nfo files for Artists also?
You have nfo files, do you also have local artwork?

(2023-08-29, 04:49)DCounter Wrote: Does it also need an entry in the album.nfo file?
No.
Of course, this all needs to be set up before adding music to the library. Did you do that or did you create the AIF after the library was created?
Does the skin display clearlogo for artists? Which skin?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The skin is Arctic Zephyr Reloaded (I initially said Arctic Horizon - my mistake), which displays clearlogos without issue. Art is restricted to thumb.jpg, fanart.jpg and clearlogos.png for the artist (folder.jpg for the album cover), all held locally in AIF which is named - as required - the same as the artist. For compilations I presently have a Various Artists folder. I finalized the art before even installing Kodi, I was working with a test install before that so that I could sort everything out before even constructing a library.

BTW, I have .nfo files for all artists. I am using Kodi Nexus.I hope that answers all your questions. I appreciate your help.
(2023-08-29, 07:24)DCounter Wrote: clearlogos.png
Should be clearlogo.png (singular)
My Signature
Yeah, my phone-typing sucks. They're clearlogo.png. Well spotted sir!
I believe by default, Kodi scrapes album artist only. I could be wrong but that is the behaviour in my setup. I have enabled show album artist only in settings, maybe this is affecting scraping.

Assuming everything else is setup correctly including AIF and proper music tagging, to scrape individual artists in a compilation or featured artists in tracks I have to turn off the settings “Show album artists only”, then go to Music > Artists and here, all the artists will be listed and not just the album artists. I then choose “refresh information for all artists”. This does the trick and all artworks are downloaded for every artist. This takes quite some time depending on your library size. You can turn on the setting for show album artist only after scraping if you prefer a clean library and it won't affect artwork display during playback.

Now, whether artworks will be displayed for individual artists during playback is skin dependant. Most skins that rely on Artist Slide Show display artworks for all artist in a track by rotating the images. For other skins, it depends on what the skin dev decided but they might show only the artwork for the first artist in the track.

If the skin does not display the clearlogos for each artist after the above steps then you better ask in the skin forum.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
On unrelated note, did you lose access to your old account? You seem to have 2, @DJCounter and @DCounter

I believe @Karellen can help you to recover your account if you wish or ask him to delete one of your accounts.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2023-08-30, 12:33)TimeZone Wrote: I believe @Karellen can help you to recover your account if you wish or ask him to delete one of your accounts.
Yep, I can fix that if that is what has happened.

Try to Login from the old account. Use a dummy password for now.
An error page will pop up. In the blue section at the top, click on "Contact Us" to send an email explaining what the problem is.
Also add your username and the email address attached to the account.
My Signature
Yes, you're absolutely right. When users were required to reset their passwords, my previous ID wasn't recognized and I was required to set up a new ID. If it could be sorted out, that would be one less headache - thanks!
(2023-08-30, 12:09)TimeZone Wrote: I believe by default, Kodi scrapes album artist only. I could be wrong but that is the behaviour in my setup. I have enabled show album artist only in settings, maybe this is affecting scraping.

Assuming everything else is setup correctly including AIF and proper music tagging, to scrape individual artists in a compilation or featured artists in tracks I have to turn off the settings “Show album artists only”, then go to Music > Artists and here, all the artists will be listed and not just the album artists. I then choose “refresh information for all artists”. This does the trick and all artworks are downloaded for every artist.
I recommend navigating the library to roles --> all contributors that  way you also pick up "role" artists like composer.

scott s.
(2023-08-30, 23:17)scott967 Wrote: I recommend navigating the library to roles --> all contributors that  way you also pick up "role" artists like composer.

Never thought of that. Thanks scott, I will do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple clearlogos - one for every artist on a compilation album0